Too Tired To Go To Party After Spending Day Making Cake!

Decorating By tsal Updated 3 Apr 2010 , 11:24pm by Rose_N_Crantz

tsal Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 3

I prepared a cake for a family friend today. I did the entire thing in one day and it took me 10 hours. It is a shoe cake - I made the shoe out of gumpaste and also made lots of tiny flowers.

I had offered to make the cake a few weeks ago and was told not to bother because it is Passover, but then at the last minute I was asked and had to scramble. Last night I tried out the flourless cake recipe, and then this morning I started the whole process. I had to run to the store because I needed more chocolate. The pic is in my profile. The shoe cracked and totally collapsed, but I managed to glue it back together. I didn't have time to cover the cracks, but by that time I was so tired that I didn't care!! I just kept thinking,"this is a free cake and hopefully the muggles won't pay too much attention."

I was supposed to be there for 6pm but at 5pm, there I was having just finished the cake, unshowered, and with a huge mess in the kitchen. I have a 17 month old who was overtired, so I told DH that I would stay home with the baby and that he should take the older kids. He agreed and I was relieved because I could start the HUGE cleanup that is waiting for me. I am exhausted. The last thing I felt like doing was getting all gussied up and then having to come home and start cleaning.

I think DH thinks I'm slow with the cake-making, but it was a cake in one day.

2 replies
cvigil Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 3

I can relate. Get some rest. The mess will still be there tomarrow.

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 3

I had that happen to me last August when I did my nephew's birthday cake. By the time it was done, I didn't even want to be at the party. I just wanted to grab a slice and go home!!!

But way to step up and get it done. Last time I had to get a cake done at the last minute I decided not to do it. And I guess the birthday girl was kinda disappointed. But in my defense, she was saying she wasn't even sure if she would be able to make it to the party! So she'll get a cake this next year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%