Ideas For Non-Fridge Filling Tasting Like Chocolate Mousse

Decorating By wendysue Updated 3 Apr 2010 , 9:37pm by KimAZ

wendysue Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 5

Anyone ever try to make a filling that had a chocolate mousse type of flavor and texture that didn't require refrigeration? I guess I'm looking for a mock chocolate mousse, if such a thing exists.

Either that, or if you can recommend a chocolate filling that is rich and flavorful, but more stable. This is for a wedding cake.

Let me know and thanks in advance! icon_biggrin.gif

~Wendy

4 replies
cherrycakes Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 5

I would recommend whipped chocolate ganache!

psmith Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 5

Recently I experimented with mixing regular buttercream and a sleeve of Bavarian chocolate. It came together and ended up tasting and having the consistency of chocolate mouse. In fact, people were asking if that is what it was. I used the Wilton buttercream recipe but instead of the 2 tablespoons of water or milk I used heavy whipping cream. It comes out smoother that way.

psmith Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 5

Recently I experimented with mixing regular buttercream and a sleeve of Bavarian chocolate. It came together and ended up tasting and having the consistency of chocolate mouse. In fact, people were asking if that is what it was. I used the Wilton buttercream recipe but instead of the 2 tablespoons of water or milk I used heavy whipping cream. It comes out smoother that way.

KimAZ Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 9:37pm
post #5 of 5

I use Pastry Pride which is a non dairy whipped topping to make my mousse fillings. It comes in a carton and I buy it at Smart & Final. It comes in vanilla and chocolate.

KimAZ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%