Adhere Flowers To Cake?

Decorating By chefdot Updated 4 Apr 2010 , 12:56pm by dalis4joe

chefdot Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:29pm
post #1 of 13

So the pic I uploaded is the cake that a bride wants. No prob, but how do I get the flowers to stick on the main cake when they are big and just hanging on the side? Any pointers???

12 replies
2txmedics Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 13

I saw Sharon Zambitos dvds last night, and she says that when she works with fondant and infact even bc....she either gets RI just a dab and puts it on back of the piece she wants to stick to the cakes and lets it dry or even melted candys....

good luck.

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 13

Chefdot, what cutter do you use to make those daisies? I have a wedding cake coming up that is covered with them, and need something better than what I have.

Kitagrl Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:01pm
post #4 of 13

That almost looks like cricut! I was rebelling against the cricut thing to begin with but I'm beginning to think it might work its way into my wish list.

Although it seems like a complicated machine to me...

xinue Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 13
Kitagrl Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 13

Oh yeah! I forgot about those veined I need some...

tarheelgirl Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:07pm
post #7 of 13

xinue- I was just about to say.. those do look like the exact cutters! I finally ordered my cricut. icon_biggrin.gif I've rebelled long enough!!

Kitagrl Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:19pm
post #8 of 13

I don't even know where I"d put a cricut machine.

tarheelgirl Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 4:08pm
post #9 of 13

Not sure where mine is going... the hubby may have to move on over!! icon_biggrin.gif

chefdot Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 11:58am
post #10 of 13

So royal icing or candy melts will stand up ok to stick them on fondant as well? It would seem RI would be a better idea since it wouldn't have as much of a chance for melting like the candy melts would if it were to be a little warm. Thanks guys!
Sorry I didn't respond earlier about the cut out of the flowers. I have 4 different sizes of the plunger ones that was posted earlier. icon_smile.gif

chefdot Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 12:05pm
post #11 of 13

Would RI work better than water if I wanted to apply another piece of fondant to another? Such as making 2 flowers and then overlapping them like the cake above and also the middle of the daisy.

confectionsofahousewife Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 12:54pm
post #12 of 13

I made a cake similar to this a few weeks ago. The icing was buttercream and the flowers were fondant. I just used piping gel to adhere the stems and flowers to the buttercream. I used water or vanilla to adhere the flower petals to each other. HTH!
Here is the cake.

dalis4joe Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 12:56pm
post #13 of 13

RI... for sure.... or... tylose glue..... tylose glue dries clear... hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%