Mirror Image

Decorating By KsCakes09 Updated 5 Apr 2010 , 11:25pm by KATHIESKREATIONS

KsCakes09 Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 10

Anyone have suggestions on how to print text in mirror image? I have to print words on chocolate transfer paper & need text to read correct when flipped over. Can't seem to find anyway to do that on my printer...unless I'm missing it. I have a Cannon MP620. Any help would be great!! Thanks.

9 replies
2txmedics Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 10

I tried pulling up your manual for the printer, and it asks to pay....ok on mine I go like this:

I go to my control panel, I click and find my printer...I open it...then I click on properties and find where to change it....if this doesnt work....

then easier would be:

go to print the picture, BEFORE YOU DO....go to a place where you can CHANGE your page count, portrait layout, etc...and LOOK FOR MIRRO IMAGE, might not say that,might say something like reverse....LOOK FOR IT ON THE PAGE WHERE YOU GO TO PRINT BUT DO IT BEFORE YOU PRINT.

KsCakes09 Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 10

I tried going into my printer properties & all I found was something that said t-shirt transfers....is that the same?? I can't find anyting that says mirror or reverse under the print preferences. I'm going to keep looking. I'm sure there is something. Thanks for your advise.

bisbqueenb Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 10

You also can set up a mirror image in many graphics programs. What program are you originating the design in? Check some of the options in there and see. I use Paint Shop Pro for all my graphic stuff and it has a MIRROR option in the IMAGE tab along with resizing etc.

Also, if you have the T-shirt option, that will probably do the same as mirror .... as shirt patterns have to be "turned over' to be ironed on the shirt! Try printing out a small graphic in that setting and see if it will be what you want.

icingimages Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 10

When you go to print, use T-shirt transfer and it will do that for you.

2txmedics Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 6:22pm
post #6 of 10

yes, t shirt transfer is the same....go for it~

KsCakes09 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 5:33pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks everyone.....I'm going to try the T-shirt transfer way first....wish me luck. I was actually creating a documentt in a Works program then printing w/ my Canon MP620. I know its not what I should be using, but some of the graphics programs are really expensive to buy, but maybe I'll have to invest in one if I get more things like this. I hope this works. Thanks.

icingimages Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 9:56pm
post #8 of 10

If you are just doing text, then Works is fine. Most computers already have a graphics program. You do not need to purchase any expensive graphics software to print. Corel, has a program called Photo express that you can download and it is fairly inexpensive, there are some free programs out there like Edible Artist. But check your computer first.

KsCakes09 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 12:22am
post #9 of 10

I finally got it to work. YEAH!!! Pretty easy after all. I just had to scan the document into my printer & it had an option to reverse the image.... it printed out great on the sheets. Can't wait to put them on the pops tomorrow. I'll post photos when I get them done. Thanks for your help.

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 11:25pm
post #10 of 10

I think my computer will do that too! I'll have to check it out. Thanks so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%