Pricing???

Decorating By anastasien Updated 3 Apr 2010 , 3:42am by JaimeAnn

anastasien Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anastasien Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:28am
post #1 of 3

I seen a picture on here of a easter cake that was a tree stump and had a bunny's bum sticking out of it and it had vines and flowers all over it, so I just had to make that cake and I was wondering what you would charge for it?? You can see my photo of the cake I made in my photo's, please help me with the pricing of this cake I made.

2 replies
dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:16am
post #2 of 3

it really depends on your location and market. here in rural arkansas, i would charge $75 - 100 if the trunk is a stacked 3 layer 6" cake and the bottom a 10" single. there is a lot of detail work put into it even though it wouldn't feed a lot.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:42am
post #3 of 3

Like dianaguerrant said it depends on what size the cake is. I charge per serving and would need to know what sizes and how many layers .

If I were to take a gues I would say the bottom is 1 layer 10" = 19 servings
The trunk is 3 layer 8" so another 36 servings. ( 8" 2 layer= 24 + 8" 1 layer =12)
for a total of 55 servings. For the amount of detail on that cake it would be a LV2 on my pricing chart which is $6.00 per serving for a total of.....

$330.

If those arent the sizes you used just figure the amount of servings X your per serving price.

Determining your per serving price has a lot of factors . The number one being, are you lisenced and a legal baker. In a lot of states it is illegal to sell consumable items that are made in your home. I have a feeling you are a home baker and would need to find out if your state allows the sale of home made food items.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%