Fat Daddio's Oven Temp??

Baking By LindieLu Updated 3 Apr 2010 , 4:05am by LindieLu

LindieLu Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 1:14am
post #1 of 3

HELP!! I just bought a 10X15X3 rectangle cake pan. I put 16 cups of batter in it and cooked for more than hour. It barely rised, and it's so dense! I cooked it at 300 degrees. I usually use the Wilton pans, but figured I would give Fat Daddios a try. (The cake mixes were box mixes).

I'm going to have to make it again. Can anyone tell me what in the world happened and where can I find a guide as far as what the oven temp should be and the cooking time??

wanted to also say that it was marble cake (which, to be honest, I've never made before). Maybe it's supposed to spongy?? I also made cupcakes with that same batter and the same thing happened.

I'm still too nervous to use the Fat Daddio's pan though (until I can locate some sort of cooking guide)... it's 9:30 pm and the cake is for tomorrow morning!

2 replies
JanH Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:50am
post #2 of 3

Wilton's 11x15x3" pan requires 16 cups of batter and bakes at 325F for approximately 80-85 minutes.

It stands to reason, if you're baking at 300F that it would take longer than 80-85 minutes - so atmore than an hour was simply not long enough.

Here's Wilton's baking guide which is at least a starting point for you:

LindieLu Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 4:05am
post #3 of 3

I used a Fat Daddio pan. This was my first time using that brand, as I typically use Wilton. I'm thinking it definetly had to be the batter because I baked cupcakes in a different oven (at 325) using the same batter and it didn't rise either. I heard that if you use Fat Daddio pans to turn down the temp 25 degrees, which is why I baked it at 300 instead of 325. I wish I could locate a baking guide for those pans.. it sure would be helpful. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%