Stenciling On White Chocolate? B/c Or Ri

Decorating By luvbuttercream Updated 4 Apr 2010 , 10:20pm by zdebssweetsj

luvbuttercream Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 5

I am wanting to stencil silver scrolls onto a white chocolate collar. I am not sure if this is possible or if I should use something other than buttercream to do so. Maybe royal icing?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

4 replies
zdebssweetsj Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 6:31am
post #2 of 5

I plan on stenciling with dark choc on white ganache, tomorrow music theme, I've never stenciled on the side of a cake, wish me Luck.

2txmedics Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 5

it can be done, just make sure your BC is crusted good, and you dont press the stencil on the cake to get lines from the stencils edge....

prick a pin hole in the stencil and then hold the stencil in place with a pin on the cake....and move in one direction when applying the RI to the cake, infact I did mine in thinned BC when I did it...and just spread in one direction....thats the important part.

If you go back and forth the way I was in the start, then you get it under the stencil and mess up.

good luck

BlakesCakes Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 5

When I decorate chocolate--and choose not to use more chocolate--I use royal icing or straight luster dust.

The royal dries nice and hard and can be painted silver after it dries.

Rae

zdebssweetsj Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdebssweetsj

I plan on stenciling with dark choc on white ganache, tomorrow music theme, I've never stenciled on the side of a cake, wish me Luck.

Well that didn't work out well at all. The cakes were to cold, had to wait for them to quit sweating, then they were so cold the choc stuck to the stencil. Moved on to use black butter cream, worked better, but I can see where it would work better on fondant or crusted butter cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%