Baked Wasc Cake With Half The Eggs - Is It Ok?

Decorating By Ren715 Updated 4 Apr 2010 , 6:58am by Ren715

Ren715 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ren715 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 5

I shouldn't have been baking so late and trying to get my tax info together at the same time. I usually make a half recipe of WASC using 3 whole eggs but made a whole recipe last night. Finished at 1:30am. I usually let my cakes cool at little before wrapping and putting into the refrigerator but since it was so late I put them in while still hot. One cake split. I thought it might be because I put them away too fast but then I woke up about 2:30am and realized I only used 3 eggs instead of 6. Do you think the other 2 cakes I made will be okay? Or should I bake again. One is a Wilton doll mold and the other is an 8 inch round.

4 replies
CarrieBear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarrieBear Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 5

I always use the 20min rule before taking them out of the pan on the racks, otherwise I have splitting and cracking, I know it was late so thats why you didnt but Im guessing thats where the splitting came from, I always regret not letting them cool they always do that to me otherwise. Im not sure about the egg thing but I would think they would be fine... are you worried about tase or texture? do you level them, taste test the scraps if you level them and see if they taste ok, im guessing they will. good luck! icon_smile.gif

Ren715 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 5

Do you wait 20 minutes before taking them out of the pan or 20 minutes after they are out of the pan before wrapping? I just got Magic Line pans and they are too hot to touch after cooling for 10 minutes (my other pans would be Luke warm). The cake seems to taste fine and the crack is on the bottom only. I hope it will hold up to the weight of fondant. I'm crossing my fingers.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:04am
post #4 of 5
Ren715 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 6:58am
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone. I didn't have time to rebake so I hoped for the best. Lucky for me the cake turned out really good...not quite as good as I usually make but still very, very tasty.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%