Aaargh!!!!! Dropped It And It Broke!!!

Decorating By egensinnig Updated 5 Apr 2010 , 7:05pm by egensinnig

egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 12

I've been working on a dragon cake topper that's approximately 10X10 inches during several late nights this weeks. And today I finished it and then...I DROPPED it on the floor!! icon_mad.gif

I've glued it and made some new parts but it is still not looking good....
And I was SO proud of this creature - the eyes, wings, claws, tail, spikes, teeth and so on.....Why oh why....

And the cake is due tomorrow...I think I'll just leave it until tomorrow and see if I get any bright ideas after a nights sleep

Just needed to vent a bit!

11 replies
Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 12

I'm soooo sorrry! I hope after sleeping and being refreshed it'll come out even better for you!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 12

Sorry that this happened to you. Hopefully you'll be able to repair it.

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 12

Oh! Im so sorry! I hate when stuff like that happens. Take a break or sleep and come back to it. I always get perturbed (spelling?) and have to walk away. Ive had those cake throwin moments though..lol! It will look better later.

egensinnig Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 6:56pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks for your support!
I think I'll just give him some more luster dust and go with the rough look - who will know it was not intended? icon_biggrin.gif
Lucklily the gumpaste wings made it and the head is "okish" as well
I've filled in the cracks with some fondant glue and will continue tomorrow when it's dry

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 7:35pm
post #6 of 12

Good Luck... hope it works out... I know how frustrating that is... happened to me last week... but I posted a HELP thread and cc recued me on how to glue it ASAP!

CarrieBear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarrieBear Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 7:48pm
post #7 of 12

icon_mad.gif that stinks! I am constantly making mistakes and oopsies, and the interseting part is always on how to fix or hide my mistakes! good luck!

egensinnig Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 7:31pm
post #8 of 12

And today I fixed the dragon and put the cake in the fridge. When I took it out to take it to the car I smashed one of the wings....NOT a good cake weekend for me. But I once again made a repair and now it's eaten icon_smile.gif The kids went crazy about the dagon and fought over the head ha,ha

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1631847

Tiffany0481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany0481 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 2:39am
post #9 of 12

Even with your bad luck with this cake it still looks incredible. You should be proud. I just had a disaster happen to me today and a piece of my cake broke ... I was able to make a quick mend, but I know how you feel!! It is never fun!

kizrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kizrash Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 6:32pm
post #10 of 12

I just had a look at your photo, that dragon is cool. I love it. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

nwnest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nwnest Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 6:43pm
post #11 of 12

I'm so sorry you dropped it, that must have been incredibly awful, but your finshed product was GORGEOUS. I called my husband and teenage son in from the other room to see it, and it was much admired at our house!

egensinnig Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 7:05pm
post #12 of 12

Thanks for your kind comments! The final cake came out ok even though I had to do a few repairs. Luckily the legs and wings were not attached so I could adjust their positions to hide cracks and bumps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%