This Techinque....how

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 16 Apr 2010 , 8:23pm by ttehan4

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 20

Ok, I found this on a search, and I think I pretty much see how its done but ....Im asking in case Im WRONG....lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kimberlyjennery/2592927283/
I went to the right side and hit slide show....

she got a design, and then traced it with melted choc?? let it dry AND THEN USE MORE MELTED CHOC?? or icing??? let it dry and then smooth over the cake???

can it be done with all bc??? or color flow/RI...and bc??? lol

SORRY!!! tks!

19 replies
Iggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iggy Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 20

This is a reverse chocolate transfer. She did trace it with melted chocolate. Chill well or even freeze so the next layer won't melt the first. Make sure your second layer is only body temp warm. Then she spread it right away to cover. SInce the underlayer is cold, your second layer can get into the nooks & crannies underneath as long as your underlayer is very cold and your top is only warm. HTH

2txmedics Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 20

Ok, got it...I wasnt sure...how it was done...can it be done with butter cream that crust? or color flow, or RI???

sorry for asking so much....still learning...I loved how she did this and m a visual person first before anything else.

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 20
DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 5:28pm
post #5 of 20

That's exactly what I did on my cross cakes that are in my photos. I basically did the same technique as a FBCT, except with candy melts. I thought it was easy to do, and if I can do it, a supervised monkey can do it. Give it a try!!

2txmedics Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 3:28pm
post #6 of 20

Candy melts, no I can NOT work with melting candy!!! I guess the Monkey has me on this one....lol

I tried to do cake balls and they came out 5 times all clumpy and lumpy...lol, choc. seizing and crystalizing, and burning...on the stove in the microwave...etc....

I see all these transfers of candy melts done beautifully and I can do them!!!! lol

I was just wondering how that woman did it, thought it was so neat....

joyfullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyfullysweet Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 4:51pm
post #7 of 20

Neat technique, but eeeewwww...did anyone see the cat on the counter sniffing at the cake???!!

Iggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iggy Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 4:56pm
post #8 of 20

Yes I saw it. Creeped me right out. Yech.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 5:19pm
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfullysweet

Neat technique, but eeeewwww...did anyone see the cat on the counter sniffing at the cake???!!

icon_eek.gif Arghhhhhhhh, what about a few frames in where someone is kissing a dog - or was it a naked baby deer - icon_confused.gif not sure

I like the chocolate idea - thumbs_up.gif
But Imagine finding a cat hair on your slice - *shudder*

Bluehue

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 5:20pm
post #10 of 20

Yes, you can also use royal icing. It's really simple and you don't have to work in reverse like you do with the butter cream or chocolate transfers. Here's a link to a thread with a good photo tutorial on the second page.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=648450&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

joyfullysweet Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 5:29pm
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Quote:

icon_eek.gif Arghhhhhhhh, what about a few frames in where someone is kissing a dog - or was it a naked baby deer - icon_confused.gif not sure

I like the chocolate idea - thumbs_up.gif
But Imagine finding a cat hair on your slice - *shudder*

Bluehue

Ew, ew, ew!!!! I just looked through the rest now. I like cats and all, but keep them off the counters! Well, I guess the hairless cat doesn't count. lol

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 5:45pm
post #12 of 20

EWWW! Was all I was thinking. Who the heck would want to eat that cake with the cats sniffing all around it and walking on the counter. You know that cat didnt stop with a sniff. It probably munched all over that thing.

Bluehue - Ive never seen a naked baby deer before, but I imagine if I had that would be one!

Bluehue Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 6:13pm
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttehan4

EWWW! Was all I was thinking. Who the heck would want to eat that cake with the cats sniffing all around it and walking on the counter. You know that cat didnt stop with a sniff. It probably munched all over that thing.

Bluehue - Ive never seen a naked baby deer before, but I imagine if I had that would be one!
LOLLLLLLLL, I didn't know what it was - and thats the first thing that came to mind - then when joyfullysweet said *hairless cat* - i icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif
Can't believe someone would even consider putting cat snaps like that up when they are showing a tutorial -

Arghhhh - imagine if she actually sells cakes icon_eek.giftapedshut.gif....shudder.

2txmedics -
I had trouble using candy melts - horrid little things icon_razz.gif then i sent away for the CK Wafers and some Paramount Crystals......... and voula - what a dream to work with.
No clumping lumpy gooeeey mess - it was like using liquid silk thumbs_up.gif
Melted the wafers in the microwave for 20 seconds - then added a few PC flakes - stirred - back into microwave............... perfect.
Just thought i would mention it - incase you'd like to give it a try.

Bluehue

joyfullysweet Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 6:22pm
post #14 of 20

naked deer, hairless cat....same difference! lol

Bluehue Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 6:28pm
post #15 of 20
Quote:

naked deer, hairless cat....same difference! lol

ROFL.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 6:30pm
post #16 of 20

Ai-yi-yi. Ingredients list should include cat hair and/or cat spit.

joyfullysweet Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 6:33pm
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Don't forget the kitty litter and hairballs! Yummy, makes me hungry just thinking about it!

Bluehue Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 6:35pm
post #18 of 20

So the concenses is - that *other thing* is a hairless cat?
You know - the one thats kissing the person picking up the cake - icon_razz.gif
ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

CHARMING ...... LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 6:38pm
post #19 of 20

That made me throw up in my mouth a little! icon_redface.gif I absolutely LOVE animals...even the ugly ones...but NOT IN MY KITCHEN!

Hopefully this person does not sell to the public!

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 8:23pm
post #20 of 20

I wouldnt want to be one of her freebie customers either. You couldnt pay me to eat that cake!

We'll there is only a 50% chance of cat hair in the cake since one is naked...lol!

I keep laughing just thinking about the naked baby deer!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%