Mff Turned Yellow- Corn Syrup?

Baking By cakesrock Updated 3 Apr 2010 , 2:31pm by cakesrock

cakesrock Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 2:29pm
post #1 of 8

Hi,
I tried MFF for the first time. It's very yummy and nice to work with. But it's yellowish and I needed it to be white! I think it was the corn syrup I used that caused this. Is there a brand that is best to use? I may have to whiten it....darn.

7 replies
mamawrobin Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 5:20pm
post #2 of 8

Did you use heavy cream or regular milk? When I use cream mine . is "yellowish" When I need white fondant I always use milk in this receipe.

dsilvest Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 8

Make sure you use the white corn syrup not golden. That will make a difference. If I use water rather than milk or cream it is even whiter.
It may not appear that yellow when it is decorated and hopefully in a larger room with different lighting.

ninatat Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:36am
post #4 of 8

i don't use karo in mine, just reg bag of mm's 1lb bag of confection sugar and two teaspoons of water for mm's, i use crisco when mixing and crisco my hands before, and while mixing it, and again when working with it and it comes out really good, i've never used milk. sometimes if it's a little to thick i put a tad of water in at a time

mamawrobin Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 7:30am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninatat

i don't use karo in mine, just reg bag of mm's 1lb bag of confection sugar and two teaspoons of water for mm's, i use crisco when mixing and crisco my hands before, and while mixing it, and again when working with it and it comes out really good, i've never used milk. sometimes if it's a little to thick i put a tad of water in at a time

icon_confused.gif MFF NOT MMF. Completely two different receipes here.

SugarFrosted Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 7:39am
post #6 of 8

I know what MMF is, but what is MFF?

mamawrobin Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 8:29am
post #7 of 8

Michele Foster's Fondant. It's hands down the winner in my book.

cakesrock Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:31pm
post #8 of 8

I did use milk and didn't even think about the corn syrup at the time. It is golden, so next time I'll use white. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%