Zebra & Polka Dots In The Primary Colors??? Will This W

Decorating By tmvetter Updated 3 May 2010 , 12:22pm by mama2_3

tmvetter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmvetter Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 12:33pm
post #1 of 7

I have someone ordering a cake. She wants it to go with her daughters birthday invitations. But the invites are polka dots of red, blue, green. She wants two tiers. The first tier zebra and the second polka dots. I can't picture it. It seems like it will be too busy. I have found people using red with black and white. But all those colors? Any input?

6 replies
mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 7

You could use one of the primary colors (red?) to cover the bottom tier and then do the zebra stripe in white. Then on the second tier you could cover in white and put green and blue dots. I think it would look cute.

casme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
casme Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 1:23am
post #3 of 7

What I usually do is quick sketch several of the same shaped cakes and then color them in with colored pencils to get an idea of where to put which colors. Hope this helps.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmvetter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmvetter Posted 3 May 2010 , 12:27am
post #5 of 7

Thank you! The ideas helped a ton! Coloring a black and white photo helped. I printed off in black and white the cake they liked that I did before in a different color. Then I took my kids markers and colored it in different options. Found the best one and went with it. It turned out after all! Posting a photo on my page right now. Thanks so much!!!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 3 May 2010 , 12:46am
post #6 of 7

It turned out very nice!
I like the rainbow cupcakes, too... it was neat to see the different colors of the cake through the cups.

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 3 May 2010 , 12:22pm
post #7 of 7

Very cute! Turned out great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%