Senior Softball Cake

Decorating By kdmoffett Updated 2 Apr 2010 , 7:49am by kdmoffett

kdmoffett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdmoffett Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 6:06am
post #1 of 3

OK I have a cake to make/design for our 3 graduating seniors on the softball team. Our logo is similar to the KC Powercat (cat head profile). Our colors are Royal Blue with white and black trim.

I have free choice on whether I want to do tiered cakes or sheet cakes, but I want it to be awesome for them. It has to feed about 100 people.

Previous years they always have the graduating seniors names on the cakes incorporated into it. Chelsea #1, Paige #14, and Jill #24 are this year's seniors. Please help... since they told me previous designs I keep going back to that and can't think of anything fresh. Attached is a cake that I have done with the powercat logo on it for the summer team last year.

And to make matters worse, this cake is due on a Tuesday night, April 27th... 2 days after we come back from a out of town tournament, so I will have Sunday/Monday to bake and Tuesday morning/afternoon to decorate since I work nights.

Thanks for any ideas!!!
LL

2 replies
lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 7:27am
post #2 of 3

I have used the Wilton Sports Ball pan and really thought it did a nice ball shape. I decorated it with a soccer ball, but it comes with templates for other sports balls. You could stack it on a square decorated like a diamond and have the player's names and numbers around the sides?

kdmoffett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdmoffett Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 7:49am
post #3 of 3

Yes I have done the sports ball on a sheet cake for her middle school team. Just not what I really want to do for this cake since it's more for the seniors.

So far, all I can come up with is 8" round with the powercat logo stacked on a 14" round with their names and numbers and Class of 2010 on the side... not the "wow" factor I am hoping for, but a simple design.

I have all square, round, and diamond shaped pans on hand as well as the sheet cake pan. My husband is thinking the sheet cake with a 3D smaller cake layered on of the powercat...

See it has to be awesome because some parents are like "just go to Sam's", but the chair for the senior night is adamant that I make the cake because she wants it to be awesome, not just a simple sheet cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%