Help Hot In House No Room In Freezer Store Cake Overnight

Decorating By Brendabeeper Updated 2 Apr 2010 , 4:45am by Texas_Rose

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 4:00am
post #1 of 4

Need some advise, It is upper 70's in the house, and I have baked a cake for Saturday delievery It is just baked not crumbcoated or anything yet. I usually put them in tupperware and set on a table in my (cake/guest room) so it is out of the way. I am worried how the warm weather will effect it? Hubby says he isnt turning on air conditioner yet , ( lol we just turned the heat off) If you can't freeze the cakes do you try to find coolest place in home? and what if there isnt any when the temps get up there? Fridge ok? in the tupperware ? I am newer at this and last spring and summer didn't have many cakes to bake, now I am and I have to bake ahead of time by at least a day

3 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 4:35am
post #2 of 4

The fridge will be fine and the tubberware is a good idea so they don't soak up any odors in there. thumbs_up.gif

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 4:43am
post #3 of 4

Thank you, I tried to get the containers in fridge, too full getting ready for easter dinner also. ( think it about time to get another fridge or a small freezer just for my cakes. I am just going to have to have it set in the tupperware on a table and turn the ceiling fan on. Sure hope it will be ok

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 4:45am
post #4 of 4

I think it will be fine on the table, wrapped up in plastic wrap or put in a tupperware. I leave cakes wrapped up on my counter all the time, and it's usually around 78 in my house in the summer (because I can't afford a $300 electric bill icon_biggrin.gif ). I don't think the fan will matter much one way or the other.

When you frost the cake it may be time to turn on the AC. Sometimes frosting, especially with real butter, is hard to work with when the house is warm.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%