2 Cake Orders... Should I Price Lower?

Business By dalis4joe Updated 25 Apr 2010 , 6:49pm by dalis4joe

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 3:13pm
post #31 of 32

I don't give discounts. I DO give cakes to people I want to give cakes to: like my cousin on occasion. They are small dessert cakes and I have only done them when I had time. I have done my nieces and nephew's birthday cakes in the past. I did a cake for my great nephew in January and that is probably the last one I will be doing for free. I don't have time any more.

As for discounts for people that work and have $$. Cake is a luxury - not a necessity. I make cakes for my luxuries which is my two horses and they are expensive! I always tell my brides "I thank you and Red and Sarge thank you too!" LOL Making cakes is hard work and has to be done "at the last minute". I follow the little red hen theory...who is helping me? No one!!! I am doing it so I set the prices and I keep the money too!!

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 6:49pm
post #32 of 32

u r right.... and I didn't give a discount and I still got both orders and the client was super happy with everythiung

u ru so right.... making cakes is a lot of work and some people think it's as easy as putting batter in a pan and calling it a day...

I (we) take pride in our cakes and I give each and every order I get 110% of me to make sure it's perfect... I won't give something I wouldn't want on my party to anyone... I think I learned my lesson icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%