Michaels Has "duff Stuff"(Ace Of Cake)

Decorating By iris219 Updated 2 Apr 2010 , 4:09pm by CoutureCakeCreations

iris219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris219 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 1:46am
post #1 of 9

I went to Michaels today and as soon as I walked in....there was the Duff stuff. (a very small section of it) They had the fondant in black, blue, yellow, pink & red and buttercream in white. The fondant cost $19.99 and the buttercream is $17.99, and I was able to use a coupon on the items. The cashier said they will be getting more stuff in, they just don't know when.

8 replies
lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 2:13am
post #2 of 9

Will the Duff Stuff be in all in the Michaels?

saapena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saapena Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 2:28am
post #3 of 9

I am located in the western suburbs of Chicago and the Michael's out here did not have any Duff stuff. I specifically went there because I wanted to see what was being carried.

sabrosita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabrosita Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 6:01am
post #4 of 9

I tried his buttercream fondant for the first time today. It says that it will cover twice as much as other fondants, which is true... I found that it really stretches out quite thin so you can get more bang for your buck. However, it was extremely soft and greasy which made it really difficult to work with to lift off the mat and drape over the cake. It almost immediately starts stretching so you really can't do any sharp edges or detailing. On the plus side, it tastes really good!!

iAmBrendaLee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iAmBrendaLee Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 7:23am
post #5 of 9

I was looking at the Duff stuff at Michael's today. It was close to $30 here in Canada. I'm amazed at the difference in prices between the US and Canada. I bought the large fondant roller today, and it was $30'something before I used my 40% off coupon.

They had fondant, buttercream and little texture plates by Duff.

iris219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris219 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 12:44pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndim

Will the Duff Stuff be in all in the Michaels?

I did ask this same question because this was my 3rd Michaels place I visited before I saw it and they all say yes.

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 3:56pm
post #7 of 9

I think that they will all have it, it is just a matter of when. For instance in my Central IL Michael's they aren't making the transition to carrying his stuff/newer cake tools for at least another 3 weeks.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 3:59pm
post #8 of 9

Yes they all will have it, though some stores will carry more of it than others. Michaels will also be carrying the Cricut cake and some gumpaste sheets for it.

My Michaels doesn't have it yet, but I'd say all Michaels will have it in store in the next few months.

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 4:09pm
post #9 of 9

Whoa! I had no clue. Cant wait to check out my local michaels

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%