Help With Cake Filling

Decorating By luvlaugh Updated 3 Apr 2010 , 4:14pm by kcassano

luvlaugh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvlaugh Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 8

I want to make a cake for my sister's birthday. I want to put a strawberry cream filling in it but I don't want to use bc. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

7 replies
kellyanne1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyanne1981 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 8

what type of cake are u making? why dont u want to use bc what about cream cheese filling?

luvlaugh Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 8

Chocolate cake. I don't want to use bc because I want to try something different. Cream cheese might work.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 8

You could try a whipped cream type of filling and add strawberry filling and extract. OR ------- White Chocolate Ganache!

kellyanne1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyanne1981 Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 11:05am
post #5 of 8

ohhh white choc ganache sounds fab!!!!

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 12:18pm
post #6 of 8

A good brand of strawberry jam can stand alone for a filling or be mixed into BC. Easy to use and no worries about fresh strawberries macerating and things getting soggy...or you can use a drop or two of LorAnn brand strawberry oil. Spot on flavor and no chemical aftertaste from an extract.

luvlaugh Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:50pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you all for your ideas. They are all great ideas. I don't think I would have thought of the whit cocolate ganache. I do have another question about the frosting. I wanted to use chocolate ganache for it. What consistancy should I use?

kcassano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcassano Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 4:14pm
post #8 of 8

easty strawberry mousse filling (or white chocolate mousse). 2 cups heavy whipping cream and 1 package (the small one- 4oz i think) of pudding mix. very yummy and soooo easy and quick.

r u making setting ganache? if so, it should be the consistency of BC or peanut butter. sometimes i nuke mine (in 5 sec increments) to get it slightly thinner b/c it is a bit easier to work with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%