How Do I Do This Any Suggestions?

Decorating By blueirus Updated 1 Apr 2010 , 9:42pm by Sara789

blueirus Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 10

Ok its a baby shower cake and i want to make this image from the invite into a top for the cake. I was wondering how the best way would be to get a green turtle with pink flowers? The cake is for next Saturday. Thanks anyone and everyone.

9 replies
mamawrobin Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 10

I would make it all out of fondant. Easy peasy.

CakeMommyTX Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 10

You could do a fbct or fondant.
Do you want it standing up or laying down?
Sheet or stacked cake?

Bump icon_smile.gif

mamawrobin Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:07pm
post #4 of 10

icon_redface.gif I just assumed that it would be laying down icon_lol.gif Didn't think of making it to stand up.

blueirus Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:21pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks for the advice. Actually it will be proped up kinda like a sign with flowers around it. If I did fondant, would I just hand cut all the different flower pieces? And if I do it that way, it won't be a smooth turtle. Any ideas how I could make it a smooth backed turtle? Could you maybe use white chocolate colored the different shades of pink?

Mikel79 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:25pm
post #6 of 10

You could always take it your local grocery store and have them scan it on a frosting sheet for you.

CoutureCakeCreations Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:32pm
post #7 of 10

I would do one of two things. ....
Have it printed on a frosting sheet,
or make the turtle out of fondant, and stencil the flowers on. I am sure you can find a stencil of that flower at micheals or your local craft/hobby shop.
Hope that helps!
Let us know how it goes!

melmar02 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:45pm
post #8 of 10

Very cute! What about a royal icing transfer? Then you could just copy the exact design and make it so it stands up.

Cakehelp did a pictoral - go to the 2nd pg of the topic to see it, don't click on the link in her first post.

Good Luck!

blueirus Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 6:00pm
post #9 of 10

The RI tutorial was very cool I may try and do that. If I did the fondant with a stencil, wouldn't the green color be to dart to stencil over with pinks? Sorry so many questions, this is my first cake for someone besides family and friends I wanna get it right =)

Sara789 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 9:42pm
post #10 of 10

When I saw the pic I instantly thought of the body/shell of the turtle as a round or half a ball cake and the head and flippers as fondant add-ons. Cute cake. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%