Powder Baby Blue

Decorating By KATHIESKREATIONS Updated 3 Apr 2010 , 7:22pm by katnmouse

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 6

How do I get the color of a Powder baby blue for my fondant? I tried just adding a tiny touch of navy, but it is just not that POWDER BLUE I am looking for...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much~~~

5 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 6

a touch of sky blue should do the trick!

ZoesMum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZoesMum Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 11:20pm
post #3 of 6

Hopefully KHalstead's suggestion will help you fix what you have, but if you are starting again, I used Wilton Delphinium Blue to get the baby blue on this cake...

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1526670

HTH!

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 11:41pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you both, Tina & ZoesMum, for your suggestions. I did add a touch of the Sky Blue, to what I had as you suggested Tina & thought, okay, this is close. icon_rolleyes.gif I am actually trying to duplicate a baby's hat from a picture I was given by the baby's mom. I think I will go out tomorrow & get the Delphinium Blue by Wilton & see if that isn't closer to what I am looking for. Sure hope Michael's has it...I had never seen that color. By your picture of your cake, ZoesMum, I believe that will really work. Great cake you did! Tina, you ALWAYS seem to have answers to help everyone. I know you sure have helped me in the past & it is appreciated so much. icon_biggrin.gif Thank you, both again.

ZoesMum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZoesMum Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 12:06am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the compliment Kathie, and good luck! I think(??) I did buy that colour at my local Michaels, so I hope yours has it!

katnmouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katnmouse Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 7:22pm
post #6 of 6

You likely cannot achieve a baby blue with a navy as the base color. Navy blue falls toward the red spectrum and baby blue towards the yellow. You could try adding a touch of yellow to your navy just to see...but my guess is that you'd get a muddy light blue thumbsdown.gif I agree that your best bet is to go buy a brighter blue to use. Good luck. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%