Cricut Problems!!

Decorating By BuncoHappens Updated 2 Apr 2010 , 3:32am by tiggy2

BuncoHappens Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 12:52pm
post #1 of 6

So frustrating! I've done a few cakes with my cricut with no problems at all. It seems I've had better luck using straight fondant than gumpaste. I'm working on a Harley Davidson logo cake for this weekend and nothing seems to be working! I tried using straight fondant and gumpaste and neither is working. I'm using a scal file I found online and the fondant and/or gumpaste is just ripping. I thought the font might be too small so I made it bigger and it still rips.

I'm thinking about using the cricut to make a stencil and cut it out the old-fashioned way!! Any ideas for me???

5 replies
kayla1505 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 1:35pm
post #2 of 6

I was having the same problem this weekend. I changed the blade and it cut purfectly again.

I just uploaded acouple of pics icon_smile.gif

I used satin ice with tylose powder

tiggy2 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 6

You can also use candy clay and frosting sheets. Humidity may be playing a part in your problems. Let it dry 10 or 15 minutes befor trying to cut.

JenniferAtwood Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 1:09am
post #4 of 6

If you still need help let Tobias or I know. Go to my blog and the contact us page has our cell numbers.

mcdonald Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 3:31am
post #5 of 6

I have been having terrible problems getting my exp to cut. I am going to try again this week end.

tiggy2 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 3:32am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonald

I have been having terrible problems getting my exp to cut. I am going to try again this week end.

Are you using the deep cut blade> What settings are you using?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%