Fun With Spot Theme

Decorating By Bluesea Updated 1 Apr 2010 , 2:25pm by snocilla

Bluesea Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 1:32am
post #1 of 8

Dear Friends,

A customer has asked for a cake to be done on the abovementioned theme. Did a search..and not much luck. Anyone has done a cake on this theme.

Have no idea where to start...wld really appreciate some help.

Thank you.

7 replies
towenby1 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 1:40am
post #2 of 8

I have never made this cake theme before. Did a quick google and it looks like a series of books. Maybe you could make the cake look like one of the books? maybe make a fondant dog sitting next to the large book reading a small book.

Bluesea Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 1:46am
post #3 of 8

hi towenby1, thanks for your quick response.

here's the link that the customer gave me: www.funwithspot.com

she wants the cake to have the 3 other animal friends too.

thanks

LeckieAnne Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 3:45am
post #4 of 8

Do you make gumpaste characters at all? The party stuff on the link shows spot like undoing the ribbons on a large gift box. Maybe you could make a gift box cake with the characters undoing the ribbons? That would be super cute.

Bluesea Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 4:11am
post #5 of 8

Hi LeckieAnne,

Yes, i do gumpaste characters. Thanks for the brilliant idea. But i can't seem to find the page u mention. Do u mind attaching it. Apologies.

Thanks

LeckieAnne Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:19am
post #6 of 8

Well darn - I poked all through the site and can't find it now. Apparently, it's spot's bday - so there's a party page:
http://www.funwithspot.com/uk/parents_teachers/parties.html

The party hat download has spot in a bday hat with a bunch of gifts. I still think a gift box would be cute with them playing on top. The books I have have the characters hiding/peeking into places to find spot or another character.

LeckieAnne Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 1:59pm
post #7 of 8

Have you looked at the fun with spot site: http://www.funwithspot.com/uk/website.html

It's got lots of little games, pics, etc. that might give you some ideas.

snocilla Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 2:25pm
post #8 of 8

If you click 'Play' to find Spot, it brings up a background pic with hills, trees, and draped party banners. Could you make a blue cake with green hills around the bottom, and the banners draped from the top? Then add the extra characters 'into' the scene by placing them around the cake, and put Spot on top. Hope this makes sense.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%