Mini Desserts For A Wedding

Lounge By sumfun1215 Updated 1 Apr 2010 , 3:21am by indydebi

sumfun1215 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sumfun1215 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 12:10am
post #1 of 5

How many mini desserts do you recommend per guest when a dessert bar will be replacing the customary wedding cake? My couple will have approximately 7-8 different miniature items offered. There will be a full meal as well.

Thanks!

4 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 12:39am
post #2 of 5

I'd want to try at least one of each and then possibly go back for seconds of a few favorites. Of course, this depends on whether they are just a bite or two or more than that. Plus, I <3 sweets!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 1:00am
post #3 of 5

If it's the only dessert, the rule of thumb is 7-8 pcs per guest. so if they are planning 200 guests, they should figure on having 1500-1600 pcs of desserts.

Let me backtrack a second..... when you say "mini" desserts, I'm envisioning things like a truffle, a chocolate covered strawberry, a 1.5" by 1.5" cheesecake square, mini cookies, a mini mousse-filled chocolate shot cup ... stuff like that.

If the desserts are going to be slightly larger than than, then reduce it to 4-6 pcs per person.

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 3:18am
post #4 of 5

Holy moly that sounds like a lot of work!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 3:21am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetcaking

Holy moly that sounds like a lot of work!

Which is EXACTLY why I coined the phrase "1/4 the size means 4 times the price."

LITTLE food does not carry a LITTLE price tag. People tend to think "oh nothing big .... just a few appetizers instead of dinner."

The key word is INSTEAD OF, which means you need enough so that people feel like they've had a meal. And then the client is shocked when it's NOT cheaper for all of the extra food that comes from all of that extra labor.

HEre's my blog on this topic: http://cateritsimple.blogspot.com/search/label/appetizer

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%