A Cake That Tastes Like Cheesecake? But Is A Cake Cake??

Baking By amytracy1981 Updated 31 Mar 2010 , 10:41pm by amytracy1981

amytracy1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amytracy1981 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 7

I was wondering if anyone had a recipe for a cake that tasted somewhat similar to a cheesecake. But was a regular cake, not a actual cheesecake. Hope I am making sense. icon_redface.gif
My daughter wants a cake that tastes like a cheesecake but wants me to be able to decorate it (covering in fondant, stacked tiers, all that).
Thanks for your help!

6 replies
Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 7

Sorry I don't have a recipe but I have used LorAnn oils in cheesecake flavor to flavor buttercream instead of using cream cheese frosting. Also tried it adding in a box of cheesecake flavored pudding mix (dry, not mixed). You might try adding one of these to a classic white or French Vanilla cake mix if you have time to experiment. Just a suggestion since I didn't see any other replies.

llbesq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llbesq Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 9:45pm
post #3 of 7

Perhaps the cake could be a cream cheese poundcake with the LorAnn oils in the icing and/or cake as suggested by Elaine.

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 7

I do have a recipe for a delicous cream cheese pound cake made with real butter as well but I would not say that it tasted like a cheesecake at all; probably not even with the cream cheese frosting. Maybe I just can't imagine it though because the texture of pound cake is so much more dense. Maybe others will have more suggestions. Can't wait to read more.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 9:52pm
post #5 of 7

add cheesecake pudding to your cake mix... works for me..

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 7

Use a cream cheese/cheesecake flavored filling and then torte it several times so there is plenty of filling...then yeah add the pudding mix to your cake, too...and some flavored oil.

amytracy1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amytracy1981 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 10:41pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for your replies. Torting and then filling it with a cheese cake filling sounds like a good idea. There is a recipe for a graham cracker cake on the back of box of cinnamon graham crackers that I buy. Maybe I'll try that cake with a cheesecake filling. icon_rolleyes.gif
What is the recipe for cream cheese pound cake? That sounds really yummy as well.
Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%