Cake Stands, Diiferent Ideas, Techinques:non Commercial

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 1 Apr 2010 , 9:29am by cakeladyatLA

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 7

Ok guys one of my deals is since Im a hobby caker...that I do not and can not afford buying all those beautiful cake stands or pillars, seperators...Ive been on here and have seena few home made, or vases used, glasses, etc...

Can everyone just post what you have used with a non commerical cake stand?....just for all of us to get ideas? Ive seen vases with flowers, pvc pipes as seperators....LETS POST AND SEE!!!

ANYONE???

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 7

I've seen people use cake drums in varying sizes with piece of styrofoam in between to act as pillars...You can decorate it up with ribbon etc..Very Pretty...
LL

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 5:25pm
post #3 of 7

Glass blocks, mirrors, a wooden box with fabirc/tulle to cover it......you can rent those beautiful stands at a party rental store

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:39am
post #4 of 7

I just want to see all the different ideas everyone comes up with!!!! I tend to use Vases, sometimes boxes under cloth, last cake I did was the Quince cake and the center cake was on a ceramic crock pot turned upside down and then covered in cloth...lol

I love some the stands but cant afford them right now!....out on medical leave. But Ive seen some nice ones!!!!

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 6:55am
post #5 of 7

I made this stand out of foamcore , styrofoam blocks, wrapping paper and ribbon.
LL

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 7:00am
post #6 of 7

I don't remember who it was but a while back someone had posted some cute ones they made from matching cups and plates they got from the dollar store.

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%