Add Ing White Chocolate To Already Prepared Fondant

Baking By cathyscakes Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 9:12pm by mamawrobin

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 14

I have heard about adding white chocolate to fondant and was wondering how this was done. Do you just knead in melted white chocolate into the fondant and in what quantity? I have a pound of wilton fondant and was trying to make it taste a little better, just didn't know how much white chocolate I could put into it, without changing the consistancy. thanks

13 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 14

you can add the candy clay still warm to the fondant. to 1lb of fondant , i would add 1/4 lb of the candy clay. knead it well. or you can add if after the candy clay has set up. either way. i added some to wilton the other nite. it tasted good. truly! i used the merkens chocolate. but wilton candy clay added should be good too.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 14

Odd that you're asking this question today because just last night I experminted with adding candy clay to Wilton fondant. I needed a little more for a cake than what I had and didn't have time to make anymore MFF. I had some Wilton fondant that I'd bought to make bows so I thought I would try to make it taste better in order to use it. It worked really well. I will probably use it again since it ended up tasting so good. I used about 60% fondant to 40% candy clay. I had made the candy clay a couple of days ago, I just kneaded it until pliable then kneaded it into the fondant.

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 14

Good tasting Wilton fondant? Can't wait to try this! icon_biggrin.gif

Kim

cathyscakes Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 14

Thanks everyone, I will definitely give it a try.

cathyscakes Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 14

Just wondering how the fondant rolls out for covering a cake, I guess i'm worried it will be too stretchy or have tears, any advice would be so helpful, thanks

mamawrobin Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:44pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimblyd

Good tasting Wilton fondant? Can't wait to try this! icon_biggrin.gif

Kim

Yeah..I see that you're laughing icon_lol.gif and that's exactly what I thought. Have you read sugarshack's thread on Wilton fondant?

mamawrobin Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:46pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyscakes

Just wondering how the fondant rolls out for covering a cake, I guess i'm worried it will be too stretchy or have tears, any advice would be so helpful, thanks

I realized in my previous post that I said "candy clay" when I actually meant modeling chocolate. I made modeling chocolate using white chocolate and mixed that with my fondant. It is really good and it actually makes your fondant more pliable.

bridge72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridge72 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 10:09pm
post #9 of 14

Can this chocolate be added to MMF?

CookieMakinMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMakinMomma Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:06am
post #10 of 14

Yep, I've done it with regular white candy clay and chocolate candy clay using old (like at least a month or two) MMF and it works fine. Very easy and great results! I don't bother adding flavoring to the MMF anymore because the candy clay adds plenty!

mamawrobin Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:56am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge72

Can this chocolate be added to MMF?

You certainly can. Actually it's the only way I can use MMF. I never have good results with MMF but when I mix it with modeling chocolate it's perfectly pliable and easy to use. And I love the taste. YUM thumbs_up.gif

bridge72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridge72 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:46pm
post #12 of 14

Thanks for the info I will have to give this a try!

sandy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandy1 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 6:04pm
post #13 of 14

Is there a difference between modeling chocolate and candy clay? If so what is it? I'd like to make my Wilton fondant taste better!!!

mamawrobin Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:12pm
post #14 of 14

Modeling chocolate uses real chocolate and candy clay uses the disk of candy like Wilton's that come in various colors. I prefer the real chocolate for taste. If you want vanilla flavor then candy clay would be the way to go. I usually make white chocolate modeling chocolate so that I can still color my fondant. If I need brown fondant I use semi-sweet chocolate for my modeling chocolate so I have to add very little brown coloring.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%