Add Ing White Chocolate To Already Prepared Fondant

Baking By cathyscakes Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 9:12pm by mamawrobin

cathyscakes Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 14

I have heard about adding white chocolate to fondant and was wondering how this was done. Do you just knead in melted white chocolate into the fondant and in what quantity? I have a pound of wilton fondant and was trying to make it taste a little better, just didn't know how much white chocolate I could put into it, without changing the consistancy. thanks

13 replies
icer101 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 14

you can add the candy clay still warm to the fondant. to 1lb of fondant , i would add 1/4 lb of the candy clay. knead it well. or you can add if after the candy clay has set up. either way. i added some to wilton the other nite. it tasted good. truly! i used the merkens chocolate. but wilton candy clay added should be good too.

mamawrobin Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 14

Odd that you're asking this question today because just last night I experminted with adding candy clay to Wilton fondant. I needed a little more for a cake than what I had and didn't have time to make anymore MFF. I had some Wilton fondant that I'd bought to make bows so I thought I would try to make it taste better in order to use it. It worked really well. I will probably use it again since it ended up tasting so good. I used about 60% fondant to 40% candy clay. I had made the candy clay a couple of days ago, I just kneaded it until pliable then kneaded it into the fondant.

kimblyd Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 14

Good tasting Wilton fondant? Can't wait to try this! icon_biggrin.gif

Kim

cathyscakes Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 14

Thanks everyone, I will definitely give it a try.

cathyscakes Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 14

Just wondering how the fondant rolls out for covering a cake, I guess i'm worried it will be too stretchy or have tears, any advice would be so helpful, thanks

mamawrobin Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:44pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimblyd

Good tasting Wilton fondant? Can't wait to try this! icon_biggrin.gif

Kim

Yeah..I see that you're laughing icon_lol.gif and that's exactly what I thought. Have you read sugarshack's thread on Wilton fondant?

mamawrobin Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:46pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyscakes

Just wondering how the fondant rolls out for covering a cake, I guess i'm worried it will be too stretchy or have tears, any advice would be so helpful, thanks

I realized in my previous post that I said "candy clay" when I actually meant modeling chocolate. I made modeling chocolate using white chocolate and mixed that with my fondant. It is really good and it actually makes your fondant more pliable.

bridge72 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 10:09pm
post #9 of 14

Can this chocolate be added to MMF?

CookieMakinMomma Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:06am
post #10 of 14

Yep, I've done it with regular white candy clay and chocolate candy clay using old (like at least a month or two) MMF and it works fine. Very easy and great results! I don't bother adding flavoring to the MMF anymore because the candy clay adds plenty!

mamawrobin Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:56am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge72

Can this chocolate be added to MMF?

You certainly can. Actually it's the only way I can use MMF. I never have good results with MMF but when I mix it with modeling chocolate it's perfectly pliable and easy to use. And I love the taste. YUM thumbs_up.gif

bridge72 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:46pm
post #12 of 14

Thanks for the info I will have to give this a try!

sandy1 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 6:04pm
post #13 of 14

Is there a difference between modeling chocolate and candy clay? If so what is it? I'd like to make my Wilton fondant taste better!!!

mamawrobin Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:12pm
post #14 of 14

Modeling chocolate uses real chocolate and candy clay uses the disk of candy like Wilton's that come in various colors. I prefer the real chocolate for taste. If you want vanilla flavor then candy clay would be the way to go. I usually make white chocolate modeling chocolate so that I can still color my fondant. If I need brown fondant I use semi-sweet chocolate for my modeling chocolate so I have to add very little brown coloring.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%