Instructions For Using Funky Tappit Letter Cutouts

Decorating By sweettreatsbylisa Updated 31 Mar 2010 , 11:57pm by babyhugs

sweettreatsbylisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreatsbylisa Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 6

does anyone have directions for using the funky tappits? Mine will not come out easily, i have used the cornstarch also. i know there has to be an easier way, i've seen them used on so many cakes. thanks for any help. Lisa

5 replies
multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 6

Edna has a tutorial on you tube.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 6

I use a tip I learn from Sharon (aka-Sugarshack). I roll my fondant/gumpaste very thin, cut into squares (size as needed)...let them set for about 15 to 20 mins. (might have to dry a little longer). Dust some PS or Cornstarch on to the tippits then cut out my letters. This way has worked the best for me so far. Hope this can help.

God Bless,
Sharon

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 3:51pm
post #5 of 6

PS.... I was adviced also to try using cling wrap... in between the fondant/gumpaste and the tappits....

I tried it this last time... works really good!!! no PS... no shortening... just cling wrap...

hth

babyhugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyhugs Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 11:57pm
post #6 of 6

I used to have lots of problems with my tappits until I started putting a little shortening one the fondant before cutting. Now I have no problems at all and just love to use them. They come out so smooth around the edges too! I just did my granddaughters cake with them and I think it turned out really nice! HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%