I Need Help..fresh Strawberry Filling?

Baking By amyoungbl00d5 Updated 1 Apr 2010 , 4:18am by cake-angel

amyoungbl00d5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyoungbl00d5 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have a fresh strawberry filling recipe? I saw a recipe on CC but was wondering if anyone has used it or had one that was tried already. Any help appreciated!

3 replies
cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 4

Hi - here is a link to the thread that I posted my fresh strawberry filling recipe. It was based on a recipe similar to the one in the recipes section but I found I hads to make a few modifications to really make it work for me. The link wil take you to page 4 of the thread where I posted the recipe as it was a long discussion. The recipe is near the bottom of the page.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=582722&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=45

amyoungbl00d5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyoungbl00d5 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much Cake Angel..I am going to try that recipe. About how much does this fill? Thanks again

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 4:18am
post #4 of 4

That is a good question. I would say that it fills a fair amount - I have used it to do 2 layers of filling in an 8" round and could have easily done the same in another 8" round. I haven't needed to use it in cakes much larger than that though. Adding the fresh sliced berries bulks it up quite a bit. I am afraid I never thought to actually measure how many cups the final product yielded

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%