Photo Shop Software For Edible Images ??? ...

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 2 Apr 2010 , 4:08pm by Rosie2

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 11:58am
post #1 of 7

Hi all!

I am in the market to purchase a software program for my edible printer I have purchased. I was hoping I could get some recom. from you all. I want something that I can add text in banners, crop pictures and other various cropping tecq.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

6 replies
Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 7

icon_lol.gif

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 7

Are you talking to doctor up pics and images? like a photo bucket? I use that alot also theres a edible cake DECO software that is FREE!!!

I use that also...Which is for edible cakes
http://deco.uk.com/shop/Software-&-Training/c6/p34/Edible-Artist/product_info.html?osCsid=1a84357a6a9f556ab36833df24ee9fa9
you register and its free, Ive used it now for like 3yrs...

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 7

Not sure exactly what you're looking for in a photo editing program. But Google Picasa is a free download, can add text and banners and manipulate pictures. Just go to google and search "picasa" i use this for most of my pictures just to clean them up and fix lighting/crop/etc...

Photoshop is another good one that allows you to do more than just edit photos. But is on the pricier side. You may want to do the free 30day trial (download from their site) and see if it's what you're looknig for. We have this in our house and use it for more detailed things than picasa will do.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 3:47pm
post #5 of 7

To edit pics I use Picnik and it 's also free...no need to sign up just go into their webste and start using it.

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 4:30am
post #6 of 7

I've never tried either of those... but the best in the world is Adobe photoshop.... be prepared to read the manual though icon_biggrin.gif It's not easy, but you can do ANYTHING with it!

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 4:08pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialtyCakesbyKelli

I've never tried either of those... but the best in the world is Adobe photoshop.... be prepared to read the manual though icon_biggrin.gif It's not easy, but you can do ANYTHING with it!

yupe, you're right!!! I have it too and don't use it much since I can't figure out a lot of the stuf even by reading the manual icon_cry.gif...still working on trying to change the background on some of my pics icon_redface.gif

They should really come up with 'Photoshop for dummies' LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%