Cake Release

Decorating By DEEsserts Updated 31 Mar 2010 , 1:32pm by mamawrobin

DEEsserts Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 10:23am
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have some tips on how to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan? Do the products for this really work? I applied crisco previously to cakes but lately been having bad luck with it sticking...

7 replies
pattycakesnj Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 10:50am
post #2 of 8

Crisco needs to be followed by a dusting of flour to work properly. I use the sprays on occasion and wilton pan release. They all work well. Some people even make their own cake release , there is a recipe on here for it. It is all a matter of choice.

ChoueiriCakeCo Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 11:01am
post #3 of 8

I use wilton cake release and it works wonderfully, the cake comes right out of the pan.

debster Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 11:18am
post #4 of 8

I've been using this for YEARS on regular pans and detailed it NEVER fails.

Mix 1cup oil. 1 cup flour and 1cup shortening in mixer for about 5 min , it turns smooth and stays for a long time left out. Try it you'll LOVE IT!!!!!

Tiffany29 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 12:01pm
post #5 of 8

I like the cake release, but I had to change it a little. My cakes were still sticking.
So I used 1c shortening, 1/2c oil, 1 1/2c flour. That seemed to help alot.
I also like baker's joy. It works really well too.

mayo2222 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 1:22pm
post #6 of 8

I'm with debster, I use the "bakers grease" and never have problems. It should be noted that you will have a lot left over so make sure you have an airtight container to store it and store in out of the heat/sun. Just mix it up right before you baste it on your pans with a pastry brush.

You may want to consider leaving your cakes in a little longer as well. When I first started I would pull them out when I thought they were done only to have large pieces still sticking to the pan. Once I left them in about 3 mins longer than recommend I didn't seem to have anymore problems.

Also, just want to make sure that you are turning out your cakes after about 10-15 mins and not waiting longer or too soon.

Good Luck!!

Kitagrl Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 1:27pm
post #7 of 8

I love the homemade cake release! I agree I use a tad extra flour in it, and I beat it until its white and fluffy. Then just store in a plastic container and apply with a silicone brush. Easy!

mamawrobin Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 1:32pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by debster

I've been using this for YEARS on regular pans and detailed it NEVER fails.

Mix 1cup oil. 1 cup flour and 1cup shortening in mixer for about 5 min , it turns smooth and stays for a long time left out. Try it you'll LOVE IT!!!!!

I use this also and I just "paint" it on the pan with a pastry brush. I also line the bottom of my baking pans with wax paper...I grease that too. That way if I leave my cake in the pan to cool it doesn't stick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%