Creamy Buttercream

Baking By AuntieCici Updated 31 Mar 2010 , 6:34am by ceshell

AuntieCici Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieCici Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 12:02am
post #1 of 5

I am looking for a real creamy buttercream frosting. Kinda like the ones that buddy off of cake boss & all the other cake decorating shows have. I have a great recipe but its not smooth & creamy. Thanks!

4 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 12:22am
post #2 of 5

Whipped cream buttercream (recipes section here) is super super creamy. I highly recommend it!

AuntieCici Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieCici Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 2:41am
post #3 of 5

Thank You!!!!!

ceshell Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 6:03am
post #4 of 5

You're welcome. By the way I like to make it with half butter, half hi-ratio shortening and I also double the vanilla. I have no idea how it tastes as exactly written but have recently been reading several threads where some of the pros use it or a variation of it so I know it's quite popular. Anyway I have only made it twice and both times people were falling out of their chairs to tell me how great it was. Here's what the guest of honor, whom I baked a baby shower cake for two days ago, had to say about it: "I have to say, I am ADDICTED to the cake. I took a huge chunk of it with me yesterday and I can't stop eating it. The frosting was amazingly light, and not too sweet....so delicious!"

Love that!

ceshell Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 6:34am
post #5 of 5

LOL I just noticed your same question posted elsewhere here on CC, and people responded recommending IMBC or SMBC. Ironically IMBC is MY icing of choice. It is much more elegant and smooth and satiny than the WCBC I mentioned, but the WCBC is a nice compromise for folks who prefer powdered sugar in their icing.

Good luck with whichever one you decide to make!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%