Help Pleeeeeze-Another Question For My Aussie Friends?

Baking By ski Updated 4 Apr 2010 , 11:46pm by shearpamela

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 11:24pm
post #1 of 4

I used a recipe for white chocolate mud cake. 350gwhite choc.,225g butter,600ml water,3 eggs, 400 castor, 400 self rising flour. 150C
Soooo 3 hours later, what I have is a soup, whose top looks like melted butter and when stirred (yes unfortunately stirred) looks like very soft cottage cheese.
Can any of you pro mud cake makers tell me what has gone wrong ? I have a very large cake, for a very special client who, like I ,fell in love with mud cake. This is the only recipe I have found for a white chocolate mud cake I can use with interchangeable flavors. I have chocolate already (lovely) and need white, and strawberry. Any and all responses willl be so desperately appreciated. (sniff,sigh)

3 replies
Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 4

i was saying in another thread the other night that i recently baked a choc mud cake and it took 4 HOURS to bake and even then i turned the oven off and said to hell with it and wished for the best... next morning torted it and whew, it was fabulous.. but i was baking at 120c

it was suggested i use a flower nail in the middle of the cake to help bake from the middle and i tried it with a different cake (banana bread) and it seemed to work and i will try it with a choc mud next week

sorry im not much help other than that - im learning myself so goodluck!

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Mrs_A I did get a reply from a lovely Pam Doyle, love her chocolate recipe and now her White chocolate, any of you across the pond that know her please give her a giant hug from me! thumbs_up.gif

shearpamela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shearpamela Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 4

I have been anxious to try this mud cake recipe thing myself and have Pam's recipe on here saved to my favorites.
It looks like just the thing for density and richness for me icon_smile.gif
I guess the conversion wouldn't be too bad if I weighed the ingredients, or used a Pyrex or Anchor Hocking that has both types of measurements on them....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%