Chocolate Curls Cake Outside In July??

Decorating By nikki13 Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 10:50pm by BakeLoveMom

nikki13 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 2

Hi guys! I am doing a wedding cake for an outdoor wedding at the end of July. The problem I am facing is as follows.........The bride is so set on having chocolate curls cover the cake. I have been doingalittle research and have found that Merckens chocolates do not melt in the heat. Has anyone ever used these, or comeacross this dilemma? Anythoughts or ideas would be very helpful! Thanks in advance!
Nik

1 reply
BakeLoveMom Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 2

Have you asked your bride if she ever left a chocolate bar outside in July...What whould happen to it? I nicely ask this to my customers...I do the same with buttercream...have you ever left a stick of butter outside in the summer??

No, but really, it is your choice to say what you will or won't do...It is a simple case of what it reasonable or not. Since nearly having disaster of a 5 tiered cake late last June, I have since made my policy, no buttercream cakes in the summer. It stresses me out way too much.

I hope it works out well for you. Sometimes Brides just need a reality check, they can't have everything just because they really want it.

You could refrig. the cake up until it is set out, then I guess it would depend on how long it would be outside. Also, there is the concern of dust, leaves, sand, and anything else the wind might blow.

Sorry I can't help to much, but I feel your pain.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%