3D Duck Pan

Decorating By MandiJ Updated 1 Apr 2010 , 3:43pm by MandiJ

MandiJ Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 7

Can you cut the 3D Duck in half to put filling in it, or would that make it unsturdy? TIA icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 1:19am
post #2 of 7

It will destabilize it.

The 3-D pans aren't really meant to be "filled"--just stuck together with buttercream and iced.

Rae

mommyle Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 1:35am
post #3 of 7

Did you mean in half up and down, or side to side? You already have buttercream sticking it together, so I would say that you don't necessarily NEED to, but if you WANT to, you can cut it horizontally and add more bc.

indydebi Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 1:42am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyle

Did you mean in half up and down, or side to side? You already have buttercream sticking it together, so I would say that you don't necessarily NEED to, but if you WANT to, you can cut it horizontally and add more bc.

I may be misunderstanding you, but the 3D duck pan isn't 2 halves .... it's one cake.

I agree it would destablized it.

BlakesCakes Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 1:49am
post #5 of 7

Debi, my 3-D duck is 2 halves--a left & right--"seam" down the center. I use buttercream to stick the 2 together.

I never "torte" the body of the cake because it's already fragile and wobbly enough to begin with--I don't need any more excitement, given the tendency of the neck to be unstable............I'm very good at Frankensteinien duck head re-attachments.............

Rae

indydebi Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 2:10am
post #6 of 7

Oh, we have two different pans, then! Now I understand my confusion! thumbs_up.gif

MandiJ Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 7

My pan is one solid piece.
Thank you for your answers! After looking at it baked I think it would disabilize it. I was worried enough it was going to topple over on the ride to my daughters school this moring, I cant imagine how I would have been if I had cut it in half...Thank you so much for you help!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%