3D Duck Pan

Decorating By MandiJ Updated 1 Apr 2010 , 3:43pm by MandiJ

MandiJ  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandiJ Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 7

Can you cut the 3D Duck in half to put filling in it, or would that make it unsturdy? TIA icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
 BlakesCakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 1:19am
post #2 of 7

It will destabilize it.

The 3-D pans aren't really meant to be "filled"--just stuck together with buttercream and iced.

Rae

mommyle  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 1:35am
post #3 of 7

Did you mean in half up and down, or side to side? You already have buttercream sticking it together, so I would say that you don't necessarily NEED to, but if you WANT to, you can cut it horizontally and add more bc.

indydebi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 1:42am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyle

Did you mean in half up and down, or side to side? You already have buttercream sticking it together, so I would say that you don't necessarily NEED to, but if you WANT to, you can cut it horizontally and add more bc.

I may be misunderstanding you, but the 3D duck pan isn't 2 halves .... it's one cake.

I agree it would destablized it.

BlakesCakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 1:49am
post #5 of 7

Debi, my 3-D duck is 2 halves--a left & right--"seam" down the center. I use buttercream to stick the 2 together.

I never "torte" the body of the cake because it's already fragile and wobbly enough to begin with--I don't need any more excitement, given the tendency of the neck to be unstable............I'm very good at Frankensteinien duck head re-attachments.............

Rae

indydebi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 2:10am
post #6 of 7

Oh, we have two different pans, then! Now I understand my confusion! thumbs_up.gif

MandiJ  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandiJ Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 7

My pan is one solid piece.
Thank you for your answers! After looking at it baked I think it would disabilize it. I was worried enough it was going to topple over on the ride to my daughters school this moring, I cant imagine how I would have been if I had cut it in half...Thank you so much for you help!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%