First Grooms Cake, Questions...

Decorating By Rhonda19 Updated 4 Apr 2010 , 8:11pm by Rhonda19

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 7:42pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone!
I was asked by my niece to make her grooms cake for her. Its going to be a 2 tier stacked cake.. with the sizes being an 10 inch on bottom and then an 8 inch for the top.

I have made " 1 " stacked cake in my life, and so I am more than a lttle scared.

My questions are...When you make a stacked cake like this, how far in advance do you bake?? The wedding is on Saturday so would you bake on Thursday, decorate Friday?? Or could I bake earlier and freeze it??

My second question is ....the recipe! I need a recipe for a butter or yellow cake that will be firm enough to stack.

Thanks in advance for any tips, techniques, etc... that you might want to pass along
Rhonda

2 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 3

I looked in your gallery and it looks like you did a fine job on the stackedcake that you did make. I have a three tiered birthday cake due on Saturday. I plan to bake it tomorrow (Wednesday) and freeze. Take it out of the freezer on Thursday, thaw, fill and crumb coat and decorate on Friday. The cake is due around 2:00 p.m. Saturday so I will have time to "fine tune" the details.

Don't forget your supports and you will do great. Good luck and post pictures icon_biggrin.gif

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you for the support, " mamawrobin" ... I am going to need it!!!

A wedding is just such a special time for a bride and groom, I don't want to show up with something that looks horrible!!! Expecially, since she is having someone do a beatiful wedding cake, and then you look over and there is ... mine!!

I have made a stacked cake twice.... Once last year with a niece's b-day cake, and then one today... ( I did a trial run just smaller.) I just don't feel that I have enough experience to do this, and I am soooo nervous!!

How did your cake that was due this past Sat, turn out???

Thanks again for the support....and for letting me vent!!! (LOL)

Rhonda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%