Cake Stackers

Decorating By SgtGoodie Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 7:17pm by PinkZiab

SgtGoodie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SgtGoodie Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone used the CakeStacker system yet? There are some youtube videos but you can see them on the cakestacker website as well. Developed by the husband of a decorator (piece-a-cake.com) for her business.

This system is very versitile because it can be configured many different ways. No more cutting dowling for support, its all built right into the system. Check it out if you have not seen it already. I just ran across it on YouTube last night and thought that it looked like something I should share.

2 replies
dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 3

I have seen it... but it's very very expensive.... the sps is just about the same thing if not better and it's a lot more affordable...

hth

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 3

While it looks sturdy, it's very expensive and a little bit complicated. Also, having to buy pre-cut boards from them (or going through the hassle of cutting 5 holes into all of your own cake boards and if you are off a little, you're screwed).

And can you imagine the staff at a banquet facility trying to disassemble that thing, and THEN actually keeping track of all of the little bits and pieces and getting those returned to you? Not to mention the hassle of tracking deposits on the equipment.

I still use masonite and wooden dowels and they haven't failed me yet, but if you really need a good stacking system, go with SPS... it's reliable, foolproof, and cheap enough to be built into the cost of the cake so you don't have to worry about getting parts returned!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%