Ideas For 10-10-2010 Cake For Son

Decorating By Elaine2581 Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 4:46pm by jerseygirlNga

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 12:34pm
post #1 of 4

I know it's early, but I like to ponder icon_smile.gif . My son will turn 15 on October 10th and since this is the year 2010, I want to make a really special birthday cake. He loves all sports but enjoys playing basket ball the most; also plays piano and trumpet; he's a straight A student and a real blessing as he is the son of my old age; his sisters were 12 and 14 yrs old when he was born. He is a terrific uncle to 2 neices and 2 nephews and I want to have the whole family here to celebrate as he turns 15. The 2 nephews also have October birthdays and he doesn't mind sharing so we could incorporate them if you all have ideas. Any would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

3 replies
Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 12:51pm
post #2 of 4

I'm sure you are very proud of him! One idea that seems obvious to me icon_biggrin.gif is to make a tiered/stacked cake with gumpaste accents that include a basketball, football, tennis racket, etc. text books (favorite subject), driver's license with his image, piano and trumpet.

You could make it chocolate covered and use bright fall colored gum paste leaves, pumpkins, corn husks/hay bales to incorporate his fall birthday.

If you are thinking this far ahead, maybe you'll have fun pre making the figures!

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 12:57pm
post #3 of 4

Maybe add a car being that he will be driving soon, if not already?(not sure of the laws in GA)

jerseygirlNga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirlNga Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 4:46pm
post #4 of 4

Okay...bear with me because I just found cake central a few weeks back, only after taking an intense cake class and learning how to use fondnat and gumpaste... so hear goes. I guess the finished product will depend on your experience in all aspects of decorating.

Since he loves basketball...how about a tiered cake with the hoop hanging off the top tier to the side and the scoreboard on top showing "his team" 10 and "guest" 10. On the cake drum you can make a learners permit...now you incorporated the biggest thing to him this year...his ability to drive (although on permit) and his love of basketball.

Just a suggestion...and dont apologize for being a "ponderer." My son is getting married in October and I already started preparing and making gumpaste figures...truth be known...I need all the practice I can get!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%