A Dissatisfied Customer.

Decorating By michaelahayes25 Updated 5 Apr 2010 , 12:58pm by tcakes65

michaelahayes25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michaelahayes25 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:13pm
post #91 of 165

ok here is her response

Michaela,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I did not read your emial until this morning at work so I did throw away what was left this morning at it is our garbage day today. The next time you are making a cake ( hopefully soon) please make one for my daughter(no charge) that is edible and we will gladly appreciate it in return. A full refund is not necessary as it is a wonderful gesture. As someone myself that works with customers I can understand and I know what it is to satisfy a customer.

I look foward to working with you again

michaelahayes25 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:20pm
post #92 of 165

(cakesdivine) no signed contract even though i may have to reconsider having one now. She sent me an email stating the flavor choices that she wanted.

My question is if she wasnt looking for a refund all of a sudden, why was she saying that a discount or basically anything less than a refund was "a slap in the face" im real confused with this customer. oh and just for laughs at the end of each email she has this

Lisa

"With God's Help We Will Do Mighty Things"

PSALM 60:

michaelahayes25 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:21pm
post #93 of 165

if shes a church going person why is she so nasty?

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:25pm
post #94 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelahayes25

ok here is her response

Michaela,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I did not read your emial until this morning at work so I did throw away what was left this morning at it is our garbage day today. The next time you are making a cake ( hopefully soon) please make one for my daughter(no charge) that is edible and we will gladly appreciate it in return. A full refund is not necessary as it is a wonderful gesture. As someone myself that works with customers I can understand and I know what it is to satisfy a customer.

Are you serious? "please make one for my daughter (no charge) that is edible and we will gladly appreciate it in return" "that is edible" NO WAY would I make her another cake. If she is saying that the cake was inedible then who's to say she won't say the same about another one of your cakes. I just am glad I'm not in your shoes becaue I wouldn't know what to do. icon_lol.gif I certainly wouldn't want her to have another one of my cakes to describe as "inedible".

mamawrobin Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:29pm
post #95 of 165
Quote:

if shes a church going person why is she so nasty?

Yeah I wondered that myself icon_lol.gif

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:34pm
post #96 of 165

This has gotten absurd. Quoting scripture after slinging insults? Oh, I imagine that quite a few here could cite a verse or two back, but why bother? Since she found your original cake so terrible, why would she want another? oh, yes, free cake.... It's your time, and money if you choose to pursue this, but I don't get it.

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:37pm
post #97 of 165

Why wasn't it edible? Just because it wasn't the right flavor cake? Man, that must be one spoiled, picky, brat of an 8 year old.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:40pm
post #98 of 165

Tell since she was so unhappy with the cake you made for her that you have decided to quit making cakes all together and will never ever make another cake again therefore you won't be able to do a free one for her daughter.

Or better yet tell her you specialize in inedible cake so you don't think you'll be able to accomdate her request for a free cake.

Either way I would match her crazy ass responses with some of my own.

Bump icon_smile.gif

Jenny0730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny0730 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:41pm
post #99 of 165

I can't believe that her idea to fix the situation is to have the same baker who baked her an "inedible" cake make her another one. That is absurd. If I had something I didn't like, I wouldn't want another one! I would really drag my feet to make that other cake.

mamawrobin Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:41pm
post #100 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinalicia

Why wasn't it edible? Just because it wasn't the right flavor cake? Man, that must be one spoiled, picky, brat of an 8 year old.

Was thinking the same thing about that kid myself. Good grief. My kids would have just been happy to be gettin' cake. icon_lol.gif

dsilbern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilbern Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:47pm
post #101 of 165

The cake was so inedible she wants another one for free? Reminds me of the old joke: "The food here is so awful, and such small portions!" icon_biggrin.gif

I'd say "I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the cake" and not offer her anything else. I'd make sure I was too busy to fill any future order she may try to place. This one is trouble and not worth the hassle.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:48pm
post #102 of 165

ok.......................hold the train!!!!!!

She wants another FREE cake to make up for the one that was INEDIBLE??????

This woman is DEFINITELY fishing for a free cake. I would tell her that due to the increased size of the other cake that she got in addition to you not realizing the amount of hours that would go into this order that you already gave her 2 FREE cakes...and that if you give her another you'll be in the hole!

There is no way I would give this woman another cake!

Oh and as for the Bible verse............tell her you've got one for her

Matthew 7:23

There are plenty of people that claim to be "christians"....trust me on that!! Just because they profess it, doesn't make it so!

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:51pm
post #103 of 165

Don't even respond anymore to this woman anymore even if she reaches out to you again - just ignore her altogether.

JDRig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JDRig Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:54pm
post #104 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by moralna

Don't even respond anymore to this woman anymore even if she reaches out to you again - just ignore her altogether.

I completely agree!! Don't even give her the satisfaction of "winning."

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:57pm
post #105 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

Tell since she was so unhappy with the cake you made for her that you have decided to quit making cakes all together and will never ever make another cake again therefore you won't be able to do a free one for her daughter.

Or better yet tell her you specialize in inedible cake so you don't think you'll be able to accomdate her request for a free cake.

Either way I would match her crazy ass responses with some of my own.

Bump icon_smile.gif

Heck yeah! Crazy can only understand crazy, so speak her language. ha ha.

IMO, it's so very convenient that she "just" threw out the cake the morning that she "just" happened to read your email. She's not a good customer, not a good referral, not a good person as evidenced by her behaviour. Just respond by saying "Sorry, I cannot comply with your request. Best wishes to you". Then dump her file.

herdream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
herdream Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 5:59pm
post #106 of 165
Quote:

ok here is her response

Michaela,

icon_eek.gif WHOA!

Please, please, please leave this lady alone.
All she wants is a free cake. Some people plot and scheme on a DAILY basis on how to get over on people. Its not worth it to you anymore. She flip flops from disappointed to pissed off to understanding????? Just chalk it up to experience and do whatever you feel is necessary to effectively run your business. Some people!

BTW, some of your biggest "bible thumpers" are some of the most evil pepole you will ever meet. icon_confused.gif

milly-mel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milly-mel Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 6:13pm
post #107 of 165

I think that she loved the cakes so much that she is dying for another but doesn't want to pay-so tell her where to go!
if you do give her a free cake, make it a 4 inch sponge with only buttercream filling and topping, then ensure that she drives the 1 hour to pick it up!

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 6:37pm
post #108 of 165

Here's my 2 pennies. She would get no more apologies. She's trying to get over on you & thinks that all her ridiculous complaining is gonna do it. She has changed her story she sounds like a liar & if you really didn't make any money off the cakes then she owes you money. How dare she say she wasted her money. If they ate cake & don't care how much was or was not eaten that's tough cookies for her. All I see she may be entitled to is what you originally offered which was the 10% off her next order for the flavor mixup. The too much filling thing is absolute non-sense. I strongly doubt the cake was even thrown out and I have never known a kid that complains about cake. I don't know too many adults that complain about cake for that matter. Who is she kiddin? You'll do better losing her as a customer. seriously. WHEW!!!!! I'm done ranting for now.

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 6:46pm
post #109 of 165

If this was my customer I would write her off as just a little too complicated to deal with. Talk about taking the fun and profit out of caking! She would go on my All Booked Up List for sure, no matter what she wanted.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 6:53pm
post #110 of 165

Okay at this point I think you have two options:

Either stop all communication with her entirely (my first choice)
or
Email her and tell her that you are standing by your original offer of 10% (or whatever it was) off her next PAYING order. Tell her this is all that you are offering her and the offer expires within 6 months or whatever. She can take it or leave it.

This is getting completely out of hand and you need to take charge and put a stop to it so that she knows you mean business.

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 7:05pm
post #111 of 165

I vote you just tell the nutcase to kiss your A$$

at first I was all about giving her a discount, but since she keeps changing her story, I think she's just looking for a freebie.

Or you could just do her an 8" cake just to shut her up, and then block her LOL

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 7:27pm
post #112 of 165

Just the way she phrased her request (a cake "that is edible") would make me not make her a free one. That was really quite nasty. I can't imagine making that kind of remark to someone and still be willing to eat what they made. I would be afraid they would use something like exlax instead of chocolate in it. I would not want to make another cake for her, and you most certainly don't want her to run your business for you and dictate your terms.

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 7:30pm
post #113 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialtyCakesbyKelli

Just send us her address.... we'll go over there and beat her with a spatula while cramming cookies and cream filling down her throat icon_biggrin.gif

lol!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

mamawrobin Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 8:34pm
post #114 of 165

Yeah I can't get over the "edible" cake thing. That was totally uncalled for and very rude.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 8:46pm
post #115 of 165

go by her a 8" round at wal-mart for $7.99 and really show her inedible!! lol

KSMill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSMill Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 8:54pm
post #116 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

go by her a 8" round at wal-mart for $7.99 and really show her inedible!! lol

I was just thinking the same thing! lol but I think I would go for something even smaller than an 8". Don't even know what wal-mart sells, but you could tell her since she's not happy with "your" cake, you purchased one for her from...

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 9:03pm
post #117 of 165

As a matter of fact, I'd REFER her to be someone else's customer...simply say "I apologize for your dissatisfaction with my recent service to you. I do hope that in the future you are able to find someone whom you feel better suits your needs. Thanks for your business." That's IT, no free cake, no refund, no more cakes in the future and no apology for YOUR hard work. She can move on to something/someone else to complain about.

splash2splat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splash2splat Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 9:03pm
post #118 of 165

I agree with everyone else - it really sounds like shes trying to get another free cake and even though she said your last cake was "inedible" she obviously enjoyed it enough to want another.

I would leave it at where its at, I would'nt ever respond to her last email and forget about her.

smokeysmokerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smokeysmokerton Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 9:08pm
post #119 of 165

I cannot believe she just called your cakes inedible and then asked for another one for free! Seriously? And over the amount of filling? Girlfriend is a nutbar, no way would I make her another cake.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 10:06pm
post #120 of 165

WOW! She was definitely fishing for a free cake! And for her to bring the inedible thing back up.. NOW that was a slap in your face! I agree.. buy an inedible Walmart cake! Heck.. crush her up some cookies for the top! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%