Stupid Ribbon Question

Decorating By sunlover00 Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 2:05am by millermom

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 12:56am
post #1 of 5

OK, so a ton of people put real ribbon at the base of the cake layers. So, how do they cut through the cake for the pictures? Just not cut all the way down? I've always used a fondant ribbon but I've got a few coming up that want a real one. I'm worried enough about the oils soaking through and how to attach it in the back (a pin?). What do I tell the bride about the cutting ceremony? icon_confused.gif

4 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 1:05am
post #2 of 5

If your using a fondant cake it can be attached with royal icing, i wouldnt use a pin just incase it gets lost. usually on pictures you dont have to cut all the way down, even if they do, it will only pull the ribbon away from cake and it will need removing anyway when they cake comes to be served

hamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamie Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 1:30am
post #3 of 5

I leave a 2 inch peice in the back without any ribbon just for the cutting. If the cake is not against a wall I pin in a 2 inch piece to be removed by the planner before the cutting.

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 1:43am
post #4 of 5

The empty 2" idea is good. Thanks! I told them they might not cut all the way down...I'll see what they prefer!

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 2:05am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamie

I leave a 2 inch peice in the back without any ribbon just for the cutting. If the cake is not against a wall I pin in a 2 inch piece to be removed by the planner before the cutting.

Ditto icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%