Where To Get Edible Image?

Decorating By Rachie204 Updated 2 Apr 2010 , 4:25pm by Rachie204

Rachie204 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 12:05am
post #1 of 9

So I have never done an edible image but need one for a cake I am doing this month. I dont have a printer but heard I can get one printed at the walmart bakery....is that correct? Do I just take the picture I want with me? I need something kinda small....they should be able to do it the size of the picture I take in right?

Also where can I buy the thick cake boards....I know you can order them online but I would rather buy them in a store. Anyone know where I can find them?

8 replies
tootsie927 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 12:26am
post #2 of 9

I always get mine from the grocery store Pathmark, Shoprite even Sam's Club. You provide the picture and they will copy it while you wait. It normally costs about $8.00 at the grocery store a little less at Sam's Club as long as it's not a licensed picture of a product, copyright issues. Good Luck.

Rachie204 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 1:06am
post #3 of 9

hum...i want a university of Georgia G....I wonder if they would do that at sams....I might have to do a frozen butter cream transfer.....

ptanyer Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 1:32am
post #4 of 9

Did you solve you dilema of the edible image yet? Do you have a Cricut? I do and I use it to cut out things like that out of a mixture of gumpaste and fondant. Takes a little work, but the results are worth it.

tavyheather Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 2:47am
post #5 of 9

you can always buy them yourself OL and print out on a home comp..I havent done this but I know its possible..you have to buy a 25 pack and I think it's about $15-18 per pack

icingimages Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 2:13am
post #6 of 9

If you cant find someone, you can contact my office and we can see if we have a customer local to you who can print for you.

Rachie204 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 1:18pm
post #7 of 9

thank you debbie!

cakesrock Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 2:17pm
post #8 of 9

Do you have Sobey's there? That's where I get them done. Or a specialty cake shop here (Cakeworks) does them too. Good luck!

Rachie204 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 4:25pm
post #9 of 9

no sobeys here....i'm gonna call around. I know someone here does them...I think publix. Hopefully they will do a UGA logo for me....

Quote by @%username% on %date%