Artificial Flowers Between Tiers

Decorating By arkirose Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 2:05pm by SpecialtyCakesbyKelli

arkirose Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 3

I need to make a 3 tiered cake with artificial flowers completely filling in the space between the tiers. Any suggestions? I thought about using foam rings as spacers between the tiers & attaching the flowers to them. I'm all for any helpful ideas. Thanks!

2 replies
Normita Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 3

You can also use tall pillars in between. Example...have your bottom tier, insert a tall pillar with a plate on top so the other cake sits on it and then fill the gap with flowers....and repeat.Hope this makes sense. I think wilton has these pillars.

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 2:05pm
post #3 of 3

I think what she's asking is how to get the flowers to stay between each layer... you'll have to attach them to something or they will just fall off.
What kind of flowers are you using? are you making them yourself or are you ordering them. I messed up and ordered roses that didnt have any wire stems, so I have no way of attaching them to anything... and they are as hard as a rock so I can't put a wire in them. icon_sad.gif

I'm no expert, but I'm thinking put a piece of foam between each layer and use flowers with wire stems.

Quote by @%username% on %date%