Mmf Recipe

Baking By gotweim Updated 29 Mar 2010 , 8:47pm by catlharper

gotweim Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 5

I've seen so many different recipes for mmf that my head is spinning! What do you guys think the best one is? I know none are probably foolproof but I need a consistent recipe I can turn to over and over!

4 replies
mamawrobin Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 5

I like Macsmoms bc flavored mmf or Rhondas ultimate mmf. Both receipes are on this site.

Shelly4481 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 5

The one i use all the time, never fails me. Melt the 16 oz bag of kraft mm for 1 min in microwave with 3 tbl spoons of water and tbl spoon of vanilla and one tbl of butter flavor. Take out and stir, put back in microwave for 30 seconds. Take out and stir, should be all melted. Using my kitchenaid mixer greased down a little with shortening. Put 3/4 bag of powdered sugar in bowl and pour the mm mixture in mixer. turn on low and mix. then slowly add more ps. I usually end up not using the whole bag, about 1/2 cup leftover. Mix for awhile then I usually take out and mix a little with my hands. Wrap in saran good and put in ziplock bag. let sit for a day. I hope this makes sense. i like this one because, if it is to soft when using it add a little ps or cornstarch when rolling out. If too hard to roll warm it a little in microwave. Add tyclose to it to make things hard.

gotweim Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 5
Originally Posted by Shelly4481

in microwave with 3 tbl spoons of water and tbl spoon of vanilla and one tbl of butter flavor.

Just want to be sure of the you really use a tablespoon of vanilla and a tablespoon of butter flavor?

Thanks!! icon_smile.gif

catlharper Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 5

The one I use all the time is 16oz marshmallows, 2 teaspoons water, melt in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, in microwave till melted (approx 2 mins). Add in color at this time if you wish to color your MMF, add in 1 tsp flavoring at this time, stir well. Add in 1 lb of powdered sugar, sifted, and stir until a ball begins to form, add part of another pound of sifted PS till most of the sticky is gone then turn out onto a powder sugar dusted surface. Coat hands with crisco and then begin kneading the MMF. Add crisco as needed and more PS as needed till almost all of the 2nd pound of PS has been added in and dough ball is smooth but elastic. (if cracking add more crisco, if sticky add more PS) Rub with crisco and securely wrap (I use press and seal and wrap it twice) and the put it in the fridge overnight. When ready to use simply put it in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to soften it up (careful not to leave it in too long or it will get melted and burn you. IF you do leave it in too long, knead in more PS and rewrap and refridgerate for at least 30 mins.) Once it is soft then turn it out onto a dusted or greased surface and knead till smooth enough to roll out.

Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%