I Need To Know About Fondant

Baking By emmie5 Updated 29 Mar 2010 , 10:27pm by catlharper

emmie5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmie5 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 5

Sugar Delites
Jennifer Dontz Fandant recipe, could anyone let me know if
wilton fondat is compatible to make Jennifers fandant? I was taking to her and she did not know so I am asking all the cake people out there if they know the answer.Please let me know asap because I would like to get her DVD on fondant. It is very hard to find a good fondant recipe if anyone has a great recipe let me know. icon_lol.gif

:

4 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 5

Couldn't hurt to try and test the waters. If you do I'd like to know how it worked out for you.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 5

Wilton fondant is the worst tasting fondant there is and I personally wouldn't waste good chocolate on it.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 10:05pm
post #4 of 5

Wilton fondant is a very workable fondant, but not the most tasty of the pre-made options.

If you add Jennifer's chocolate clay to Wilton, it will act and taste very similar to her original recipe (I believe she uses Pettinice?). It makes a wonderful product that is easy to use, especially for a beginner.

HTH
Rae

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 10:27pm
post #5 of 5

I would recommend making your own MMF or buying Satin Ice. Both taste SOOOO much better than the Wilton type. The only time I buy the Wilton is for figures that I need black or red fondant. If you want a good MMF recipe you can find one on here. The one I use has an ingrediant list of marshmallows, water, powdered sugar and crisco (I add a teaspoon of clear flavoring to mine as well).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%