How To Make A Lace Impression Mat

Decorating By thecakechic Updated 28 Mar 2013 , 3:25pm by deanna1962

thecakechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakechic Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 8

i am interested in knowing how to make lace impression mats to be used with sugar veil ... has anyone had success using the silicone mold products for this? also considering using the sugar veil in the cricut machine for lace work ... not sure which techique would be best?
i would love some insight on this
thanks!

7 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 8

i plan on using this material, i used another, it was messy, worked fine but for the same price i'd use this, this one is much better,

MYOM-Dominic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MYOM-Dominic Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 11:42pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakechic

i am interested in knowing how to make lace to be used with sugar veil ... has anyone had success using the silicone mold products for this? also considering using the sugar veil in the cricut machine for lace work ... not sure which techique would be best?
i would love some insight on this
thanks!

In order to make a mold for Sugar Veil it is important to make a few changes from the video instruction in my video.

1. Mount the lace just like I did onto safe-d-clay but do not trim through the clay around the lace. You should have a good border of safe-d-clay around the lace of at least an inch.

2. Apply Silicone Plastique onto the lace and also onto the safe-d-clay so that you have a border of Silicone Plastique around the lace perimeter.

3. Allow Silicone Plastique to cure and then peel it off the lace.

4. You will now have a very shallow mold similar to an impression mat only there will be a frame of flat silicone around the design. Mix and apply Sugar Veil with a spatula that is pulled over the lace design while riding on the flat silicone border. Scrape off any excess so that the Sugar Veil only stays in the lace impression. Allow Sugar Veil to firm up and you should be able to peel it out of the mold obtaining an exact replica of the lace in sugar.

Hope This Helps,

Dominic

icon_smile.gif

thecakechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakechic Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 9:53am
post #5 of 8

thanks for the instructions
i will defintely attempt this!

SugarMama5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMama5 Posted 23 Mar 2013 , 5:01am
post #6 of 8

ASo glad I found this post!! I have to do this same thing this week!

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 23 Mar 2013 , 5:33am
post #7 of 8

I bought the stuff to make ordinary moulds.  Thanks Dominic, I might have an attempt at this, too.

deanna1962 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanna1962 Posted 28 Mar 2013 , 3:25pm
post #8 of 8

can you use shortning instead of seal-dit?  I have a time crunch and no time to order online and there are no stores within 100 miles from me that carry this product.  Any ideas what would work?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%