Cross Patterns - How To Get The Look?

Decorating By t4beatles Updated 29 Mar 2010 , 5:42pm by Chasey

t4beatles Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 3

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I tried to do searches but for some reason it doesn't work for me.

How do I get the look of the cross pattern on a fondant covered cake?

Do I find an impression mat or try to use a ruler? What works best for you guys ?

I've attached a picture of what I am trying to do - the top layer of jaazza's cake.
LL

2 replies
t4beatles Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 3

BTW - if anyone can help me figure out what is wrong with my search please let me know... I can get the picture gallery, the recipe site but no forum results.

Chasey Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 3

You can buy a diamond impression mat (fairly cheap at $6), buy a diamond cutter (like a cookie cutter) in single, double or triple patterns or use a ruler and then run over the lines with a fondant wheel to make it look like stitches. Obviously the ruler method is more time consuming and will take an eye for detail to get everything perfect. When using the mat, just start at the back of the cake and work your way around because it won't match up usually.

All of those can be done on BC after it's crusted or fondant after it's applied to the cake.

I have the same question regarding searching the forums so I'll be back to see what the answer is! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%