Pricing My 1St Wedding Cake..???

Decorating By baymol Updated 4 Apr 2010 , 2:45pm by tarheelgirl

baymol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baymol Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 10

Good Morning ladies!! this is my first wedding cake order, it will be in buttercream not fondant, the sizing will be in 6,10,12 or 6,10,14. what would you ladies charge per serving or do charge per serving thanks for any info, seeing as my pic wont upload it has scroll work all over and ribbon border with feathers coming out of the top.

Brandy[/img][][/url]
LL

9 replies
sada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sada Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 1:49pm
post #2 of 10

I can not help you wit pricing because I'm in another part of the world with different prices, but I can wish you all the best with your first wedding cake, I stil remember mine first wedding cake and talk a lot about that experience. Post the pics pls, and good luck!

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 10

Im in Nor Cal so my pricing is most likely going to be higher than yours due to the market. BUT my basic fondant prices start at $4 a slice and with all the piping on this one I think I'd probably charge 4.50 to $5 a slice. HTH

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 3:07pm
post #4 of 10

It's a very pretty cake! I would also say $4-5 a slice.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 10

That's not piping. It's a Tappit. I just looked at it.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 3:49pm
post #6 of 10

if that's a tappit, then those are most likely fondant accents...I would charge $2.50/serv. for that cake Also, I would have the customer locate, and purchase the feathers and have them to me within 2 weeks before the wedding!

You'd do better getting quotes on prices from local bakeries/cake decorators

baymol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baymol Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 8:35pm
post #7 of 10

well I quoted her 2.50 a slice and she bought had a come apart so I will not be doing the cake anymore but thank you for all the ladies that replied I told her she could get a cheap afforable one from Walmart LMAO I am NOT free.

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 12:32pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by baymol

well I quoted her 2.50 a slice and she bought had a come apart so I will not be doing the cake anymore but thank you for all the ladies that replied I told her she could get a cheap afforable one from Walmart LMAO I am NOT free.

Stick to your guns , If they have a cow , let them have it, Our time is what they cant afford. 2.50 is a great price for cake, I get anywhere 2.50 to 2.75 according to how much detail this is for BC only. Fondant is more.

spring Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spring Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 2:00pm
post #9 of 10

Tappits??????? YIKES I hate those things.....My price would have been $1000.

Minette

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 2:45pm
post #10 of 10

Tappits are such crazy little things.. one day I can get them to come right out other days it takes twice as long!! I agree.. if that's tappits it would be double! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%