A Cake To Hold Up Outside?ahhhhhhh

Baking By icingprincess Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 2:41pm by icingprincess

icingprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingprincess Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 3:32am
post #1 of 15

hello everyone thank you for taking the time to read this. i need a cake recipe that well hold up OUTSIDE AHHHHH ! the design that i want to make is a bird house and i know a box mix well do good right?? but i really dont want to use box unless i can figure out a way to add more flavor or something.. i would love for it to have pecans or almonds (cuz its a Bird house jeje) if any one has any ideas on how to change up a box recipe of how to make the brid house itself i would really Love your input thank you

14 replies
icingprincess Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 3:45am
post #2 of 15

i heard that you can add pudding to the cake box recipes????? if so would that be good to leave outside???

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 5:24am
post #3 of 15

What kind of cake are you trying to make?

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 5:28am
post #4 of 15

Usually the cake isn't the issue outside, it's the frosting that has problems with heat and humidity.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 5:32am
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Usually the cake isn't the issue outside, it's the frosting that has problems with heat and humidity.

Yep. Never heard of the cake being an issue due to heat and humidity.

icingprincess Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 2:41pm
post #6 of 15

ohh ok im not sure about what kind of cake i do what it to have peacans and or almonds so im guessing carrott?????? would the cream cheese hold up out side?? i want to add fondant to it as well

mamawrobin Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 2:49pm
post #7 of 15

I've never used fondant to cover a cake with cream cheese icing but I have read that it doesn't do well under fondant. I do know that cream cheese icing doesn't do well in the heat.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 2:55pm
post #8 of 15

You might consider a cream cheese filling and crumb coat with buttercream, then the fondant.... Unless the cake is in the direct sunlight (which you really don't want for any cake) or 100 degree heat... it should do fine...

icingprincess Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 2:56pm
post #9 of 15

ok so buttercream it is!! =D thanks now now do you think a banana cake with butter cream and peacan bits in it sounds good i want to make a good impression its my coming out cake. they are haveing a cake walk and i would like to stand out .becuase i would like to start doing this for a living. so any adives would help me so much

icingprincess Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 7:07pm
post #10 of 15

im not sure where it wil be at but i hope it turns out good ! ill besure to upload some pic afterwards thanks guys

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 7:20pm
post #11 of 15

How about Italian cream WASC variation and use Indydebi's or Sugarshack's buttercream recipe. Both buttercreams are excellent in moderate heat. Lorann has a cheesecake flavoring you could add if you want more of a cream cheese flavor without the worry of cream cheese going bad.

icingprincess Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 7:34pm
post #12 of 15

what does WASC stand for??? and where can i find it?

icingprincess Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 7:41pm
post #13 of 15

would it be possible to add honey to the fill im thinking like the frosting and bits of peacans and almonds with honey does that sound good to you guys???? or is it cuz im pregnant it sounds good to me =P what kind of flavor for the cake it self what sounds good with my peacans??

mamawrobin Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 7:55pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingprincess

what does WASC stand for??? and where can i find it?

WASC stands for White Almond Sour Cream. Receipe is on this site.

icingprincess Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 2:41pm
post #15 of 15

ok so i made up my mind finally lol it going to be a cherry cake with peacans , almond and cherry chocolate filling buttercream frosting with fondont ill upload so pic soon thank you guys for your help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%