Ganache Under Fondant

Decorating By MissyTex Updated 29 Mar 2010 , 10:14am by bashini

MissyTex Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 3:06am
post #1 of 4

I know I've seen a thread or two on this topic, but I couldn't find it.

How do you use ganache under fondant? Do you pour it or spread it? If spread, do you whip it first or just spread it from the bowl after it firms up? Thanks

3 replies
mamawrobin Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 7:18am
post #2 of 4

I spread mine on after it firms up then smooth and refrigerate until I'm ready to cover with fondant.

Melnick Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 9:49am
post #3 of 4

You spread it - make the ganache and it leave it on the bench overnight to set. The next day put it on the cake - smooth as best you can (use a hot knife - dip in hot water and wipe dry). Leave it to set (I like to put it in the fridge). Once set, smooth again with a scraper and knife. Brush lightly with water just before you put the fondant on for it to bond with.

If you've forgotten the ratio. Milk or dark chocolate. 2:1 Chocolateicon_razz.gifure cream (heavy cream). White chocolate is 3:1 chocolate:cream. Bring the cream to the boil - only just to a rolling boil. Don't leave it boil too long or you'll curdle the chocolate. Pour over chocolate and stir until it all blends. If you take too long, just put the choc mix in the microwave for 20 - 40 secs to melt the little bits.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%