Frosting Petit Fours

Decorating By battlangl Updated 10 Sep 2010 , 6:42pm by SgtGoodie

battlangl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
battlangl Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 12:37am
post #1 of 7

what is the best way to coat petit fours? I tried pouring with a large spoon over the cakes but it was uneven, and left bald spots. Is it just practice or is there some way that I just don't know?
I was using Choc. Ganache warmed to a thick syrup consistency.

Thank you!

6 replies
SgtGoodie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SgtGoodie Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 5:27am
post #2 of 7

AS far as I know. You do it the way you did it... just get better at it. I've always done it that way. My cut pieces are chilled before I do it. Did you try chilling them first?

SgtGoodie Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 7

Here is a YouTube video from the Retail Bakers of America. Hope it helps.

SgtGoodie Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 12:00am
post #4 of 7

Here is a YouTube video from the Retail Bakers of America. Hope it helps.

SunshineSally Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SunshineSally Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 6:07am
post #5 of 7

I use a Wilton squeezable candy bottle filled with the icing of my choice to cover my petit fours. Works beautifully because you have complete control over where the icing goes. HTH!

SgtGoodie Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 7

That's a great idea if you're only making a few dozen. You can also have multiple flavors and colors and I would imagine that it would keep better as well. But if you have to make hundreds of them you'd be squeezing and refilling that bottle all day. Since I wasn't sure just how many the original poster needed to make I looked for the first link I had remembered seeing a few weeks before. Big time savings if you're making hundreds for a reception or luncheon. icon_biggrin.gif

SgtGoodie Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 7

Just a note. I didn't like his decoration. Thats why I posted the second link. Those decorations are much nicer and like the ones I use myself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%