How Do I Create A "rainbow" Fondant Name?

Decorating By amy1nyc Updated 28 Mar 2010 , 11:59pm by anasazi17

amy1nyc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy1nyc Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 7

Hi! Please help - I want to copy this cake and I do not know how in the world they created the name out of fondant with all those colors. Does anybody know?? I can't figure out how to color each section of the fondant so it looks like this.....please see attached photo

ANY INSIGHT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks!
Amy
LL

6 replies
MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 7

Welcome to the family amy! I would suggest laying the strips of gp out over a piece of plain gp that is slightly damp. the give it a quick roll over with your rolling pin to adhere it well. Then just cut your letters out and allow to dry. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

goodiegoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodiegoddess Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 11:13pm
post #3 of 7

I think you just take a strip of each colour and line them up. Add a little water so they stick and roll pushing them together.

That should work. Any other ideas??

hluterbach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hluterbach Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 11:18pm
post #4 of 7

or you could do the easy way and just use white fondant and then color the letters after they dry with edible markers. much easier and less waste.
heidi

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 11:23pm
post #5 of 7

I agree with MoselsbyMark. you need the fondant for the cake itself, so a couple of days ahead of time, color your fondant then use those for your strips over damp gumpaste. Otherwise, if you paint it directly it will be harder to get the colors to match the colors in the cake.

Good luck.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 11:39pm
post #6 of 7

I AGREE WITH USING THE FONDANT OVER GUMPASTE....so it matches icon_smile.gif welcome to cc

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 7

Hello and Welcome!! I agree...fondant over gumpaste would be the best way to go icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%