Micky In Rkt

Decorating By Lorabell Updated 28 Mar 2010 , 11:18pm by di60

Lorabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorabell Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 2

Hey eveyone,

I am wanting to sculpt Mickey with RKT, I kinda have an idea in my head how to go about it, but need anyone's help that has done sculpting please. I want Mickey to look as if he is popping out of the cake. Please share ideas. thanks for any help.

Lori [/b]

1 reply
di60 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
di60 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorabell

Hey eveyone,

I am wanting to sculpt Mickey with RKT, I kinda have an idea in my head how to go about it, but need anyone's help that has done sculpting please. I want Mickey to look as if he is popping out of the cake. Please share ideas. thanks for any help.

Lori [/b]

I have used RKT for sculpting in the past and there are a few tricks I've learned. I use the microwave method to make the RKT.......it's 100 times easier. Let the RKT mixtire cool enough to handle right in the bowl. Use gloves makes handling the RKT mixture easier.......lightly grease your gloves with Crisco and the mixture won't stick to the gloves. Do as much of your characters basic shape as you can and you won't have as much 'carving' to do. When you get your figure the shape you want, stick a few toothpicks or wooden skewers in it to aid you in applying buttercream frosting on it. You just want to lightly coat the figure with buttercream. Let dry, preferably overnight, then you're ready to apply fondant for the clothes and skin. I use a small artist brush to apply facial features using black food coloring for the 'paint'. For Mickey I would do oval fondant eyes and add the pupils in black food coloring. Good luck!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%